Angel's Dream

ANNA

It was only two weeks into our honeymoon and I found myself sneaking through the halls of the palace at the crack of dawn with a horse.

Not just any horse, a really big horse with eight legs.

Loki was happy to see his son, and vice versa. I learned that Sleipnir spoke, he and Loki had a secret language, the same language that he used to make plans with me under Thanos' nose all that time ago. Loki read to him and brushed his mane until I had to take him back to the stables.

A month in we were playing hide and seek in our astral forms. We evolved from playing it in physical form because I always won by detecting where he was. It was much more fun now that he could fly too, anyway.

It was peaceful, no one bothered us unless we wanted them to. And though I was allowed to leave the Hall, I rarely did (save for horse related missions.) In that time we covered half the spells in Loki's magic book. I learned Loki's favorites: After Image - leave behind a projection of myself while the real me is doing something else, Mirror Image - how to make multiple projections of myself, and Cover Image - how to manipulate myself to look like someone else. All of which ranged from hard to insane in difficulty. But we had time, and Loki, surprisingly had patience. Surprisingly because of his unrelenting passion for being king. Now.

"But, why?" One night we were up in deep conversation I asked him about why he'd want to rule a kingdom. To me, it seemed his place could be with me in bed for all eternity.

His eyes looked up to the ceiling as he answered me. "I was groomed for it, darling. Fa- Odin always told us that a good King was patient and just, wise and thoughtful. He told us that brains would always win over brawn in battle."

I knit my eyebrows. "He was describing you." I whispered.

Loki's green eyes shot down to meet mine. "Exactly. So you can imagine my surprise when he picks Thor, a brainless fool, to take up the throne."

I shook my head. "That's not fair."

A smirk spread in his face. "Of course now I know it was because of my heritage, all those years of being second best to Thor, they have an explanation now. Odin couldn't let a monster sit on the throne."

I gasped and gave his cheek a reprimanding yet loving slap. "You are not a monster, Loki. You're... You're my King." I grinned and he smiled back. But something in his eyes told me that it wouldn't be enough for him.

He leaned in to kiss me. "My Queen." He hummed against my lips.

We had a lot of long restless nights, some talking, some doing other things. The other things; however, weren't a good enough substitute for actual exercise because I realized soon enough that I was gaining weight. Lounging around and eating the endless food they brought for us will do that I guess. I promised myself after the honeymoon I'd get back to my training regimen that I practiced while with S.H.I.E.L.D. Until then, I'd eat all the vegetarian Asgard burrito thingies I'd want. Until they made me sick. Literally.

One evening I found myself regurgitating half digested burrito into the gilded porcelain throne. Loki rubbed my back and held my green hair back out of the line of fire. When I was finished Loki pulled me into his arms, without a word as the toilet flushed. "Sorry, I think I had a little too much to eat this time... Maybe it was the yeast in the dough, I had beer once and it didn't really sit right with me..." He let me rant. For too long.

I noticed he was more quiet than usual. But when he finally spoke I wished he'd stayed that way. "Darling, Love, are you sure you're not with child?" He asked tentatively.