The Plan

ANNA

After the ceremony I bathed my children and put them in some clothes that fit. I read them a story and put them to sleep in my bed. As they snoozed on I decided to project myself to my husband. He was sitting in the corner, His hair messy and in his face, his eyes rimmed red and puffy, he looked down at his hands in his lap. I walked over to him as he projected himself out of his body, he embraced me tightly. "It's all my fault, it's all my fault..." He spoke in to my shoulder.

I shook my head and stroked his hair, pushing raven locks away from his face. "No Loki, there's nothing you could have done."

"If I weren't such an idiot I wouldn't be locked in this cage and I could have protected her." He sobbed.

I felt my eyes prick with tears. "You and I both know she is capable of taking care of herself-"

"Tell me how it happened. All that dim guard said was that she died. Tell me how." He didn't look up at me.

"Don't torture yourself with details, Loki." I pleaded with him.

"I need to know who I have to kill. Who is responsible for my mother's death?" He finally looked up at me. His green eyes were sharp.

I kissed his forehead. "If it will help..." I sighed, my lips still pressed to his skin. I pulled away so we could make eye contact again. "The Dark Elf Malekith killed Frigga because she protected Jane, who holds the aether inside of her." I spoke slowly and clearly, I saw the rage rise in him.

He was actually shaking in anger. "Frigga died because of that hag? First my children and now my mother have to pay the consequences of Thor's folly? That girl should have never come here-" he cut himself off abruptly as his projection self returned to his body. I was curious but only for a while as I noticed Thor approach the window. The image of the room shifted but I saw through the illusion. "Thor, after all this time and now you come to visit me." The illusion of Loki said smoothly. "Why? Have you come to gloat? To mock?"

"Loki, enough. No more illusions." The blond brother spoke and I raised an eyebrow as Loki let the illusion fade.

"Now you see me, Brother," Loki spoke. I went over quietly to sit at his side, to offer him any support I could. He knew I was there, but Thor did not. I put my hand on my husband's shoulder. "Did she suffer?" He asked. And my heart felt like breaking.

"I did not come here to share our grief." Thor looked around defensively. "Instead I offer you the chance of a far richer sacrament." He fidgeted with his arm bracers and I sneered.

"What could he possibly offer you?" I whispered.

"Go on," Loki spoke, intrigued.

"I know you seek vengeance as much as I do. You help me escape Asgard and I will grant it to you. Vengeance, and afterwards; this cell."

I scoffed. "The nerve of him."

My husband thought for a moment. A dry chuckle escaped his mouth. "You must be truly desperate to come to me for help. What makes you think you can trust me?

"I don't." Thor said quickly. "Isabellianna does. Mother did, and you should know that when we fought each other in the past, I did so with a glimmer of hope that my brother was was still in there somewhere. That hope no longer exists to protect you. You betray me and I will kill you."

I rolled my eyes. If only he knew the truth.

"When do we start?" He asked.

Thor looked around. "At dawn. Get dressed."

I gasped. "So soon?"

Loki cinched is eyebrows together. "I will not leave without Isabellianna's knowledge." Loki spoke.