Technical Terms

Her eyes lit up. "I have cousins?" We made it into a house and there were five women sitting around the table chopping vegetables, peeling fruits. Four of the five women were undeniably Medjordian. My niece's, but they looked, well... They looked my age. All of them could pass for twenty on Midgard.

"Hello, beautiful." Njorden went over to the Vanir woman, his wife, by the way he kissed her. She looked up and stood at the sight of me, my eyes widened at the sight of her bloated belly and the aura near her stomach was gold, she was pregnant. I went over to her quickly and held out my hand. She looked at it then looked to her husband. With his hands, a form of sign language and explained that I was his sister. She smiled and hugged me. I was surprised but I hugged her back. "Visseren, my wife. She was born deaf." Njorden explained.

She let go of me and I noticed the other girls were staring at me. Reilly broke the ice for me. "You guys! This is Aunt Bella. I knew we had an aunt! And we have two cousins! That's Dioniden or Dione for short. Clara, Eindral, and Misseren or Mizzy." She pointed out for me.

Visseren ushered me to a seat. "Thank you." I told her in her silent language and her eyes widened. She looked at her husband.

"Magnus." She signed.

A girl with shorter green hair spoke up, Dione. "You have the power of language? Only our brother has that."

Another girl with curly hair spoke, that was Mizzy. "What's your specialty?"

I tilted my head. "Specialty?"

"Mine is water!" Reilly spoke, immediately creating a puddle of water in her hands."Dioniden and Mizzy have earth like Daddy, Clara is air, and Eindral has water like me but Magnus is fire."

That was just a lot of information to take in. "Fire." I said

Everyone in the room had a look of realization. Njorden raced to a cabinet and pulled out a journal and pen, he wrote in it . "Then all the secondary attributes must be divided by specialty." He seemed to be speaking to himself.

The girl who was pointed out as Dioniden spoke. "Then what about the tertiary attribute? Could they still be by link? And either Misseren or Eindral is an anomaly?" She asked.

Everyone's eyes were on me. "Do you read minds?" Two people asked me at once. I shook my head. "Life detection, then?" And I nodded.

"Fifty-fifty, then? Heart and soul each have life detection and mind and body can infiltrate thoughts." Njorden confirmed.

I was lost. Reilly spoke up for me. "We need to explain for Aunt Bella."

"Forgive us. Let me start from the beginning" My brother spoke. "I have been wanting to know my background ever since realized I was the only red child on this planet. I tried searching for answers but there were none. Then I met my wife and we had twins, Dioniden and Clara. Clara was different, she could not raise vegetation and move things the way we could, but she could create forcefields and she had powers of persuasion. We all were able to read minds, fly, view the ambiance of people in range, and we were incapable of digesting meat correctly. Three years later came Misseren and Eindral. Eindral was different this time. Specialty water. Primary attribute the gift of breathing in water, secondary; she can feel what others feel and manipulate that. Tertiary and can only be used on those outside of our race: life signatures. It wasn't until Reilly came along, also with water specialty that I was able to complete my knowledge. But my son. He is the only fire, we were hoping one of the next two would have fire so I could do more tests.

"If you would allow it I would also like to see your children- how long ago did you have them?" He asked.

I was stunned, tests, and stats, and classifications... this all sounded like S.H.I.E.L.D. I could understand he was curious. But it looked as if he was breeding to get more information. "Th-three weeks now." I stuttered out.

Everyone's eyes widened. My brother touched my shoulder. "You should be with them now. After a month as infants they mature very rapidly." He turned to his youngest, Reilly. "Three years."

I shook my head. "Even I didn't mature that fast. I was maybe two years ahead at most. I grew to age ten in eight years then stayed like that for eighty."

"Where did you grow up? Where are you from?"

"Midgard." I answered. "But I will be raising my children on Asgard."

"Our bodies mature at fluctuating rates, but we are a camouflaging species. Your growth rate was slowed because you had to fit in with those of Midgard. You were at the best age to stay safe there, I'm sure many midgardians took pity on you and helped you as a child. Asir and Vanir grow much more quickly to survive. " He explained and I cringed at every technical term that was used.

A boy about Reilly's age entered. Magnus by the looks of it. His face was dirty and his green hair messy. "I hope dinner's ready I'm starvin-" his gold eyes met mine and he was speechless. I was the same, looking at him, his aura shone with every color of the spectrum. "Oh hi?"

"Maggie, this is our Aunt Bella, she's fire, like you." Reilly announced.

Magnus tested me, his eyes narrowing. "Fire, really?" He asked in a foreign language.

"Yes, I can understand all the languages. The secondary attribute or whatever can be confirmed." I replied.

He smirked. "My family is weird."

"I take offence to that, I am your family." I laughed.

"Let's eat!" He turned to his siblings and announced, their auras told me they were growing suspicious. He cut us off right in time.

The whole time I was really uncomfortable, it was really like being back at the academy with all the scientists trying to decode me. They were all so formal, save Reilly, Magnus, and their mother Visseren. I wished my mother was more honest with me about Medjordians before she died so then Njorden wouldn't have to treat his family like a science project and I wouldn't have to search the depths of an old Medjordian library to find answers.

It was nearing time for me to go. I inched toward their front door as I said my goodbyes. I caught Magnus' gaze and told him in the secret language Loki and I shared that he and Reilly could come visit whenever they liked. He seemed happy about that.

"You should stay with your family, the convergence is happening soon, that is sure to change their growth patterns." Njorden informed me.

"I will, and maybe when they're older I'll bring them to visit." I smiled at him. He smiled back, reached around me to open the door. I stepped out into the field beyond their house. "Nice meeting all of you!" I called to them and waved. "Heimdall?" I looked up at the sky and soon enough I was on my way back to Asgard.

"How was your trip?" He greeted me.

I narrowed my eyes at him, trying to sense his life signature. "Wow, I should have known something was up when I couldn't sense your life. Is that also your, uh, tertiary attribute?" I asked him.

He nodded. "I sense life, those of Medjordian blood are censored to me."

"Sofi and Lee are gonna have a fun time playing hide and seek with you then, they're gonna think they're the best hiders in all the nine realms." I smiled.

"Go to them, Loki grows anxious." He informed me.

I rolled my eyes. "That big baby." I turned to stroll back to the palace.

"Sigyn visits him."

I snapped my head back to look at my uncle. "The-his ex?"

He nodded. "She is envious-"

He didn't get to finish before I was off running, then flying back to the dungeons.