Too Close

ANNA

"Make me." I told him, a smirk on my lips. Before I could let out another giggle his lips were on mine. I immediately began to pull away from him but the tingling sensation his lips gave mine was overwhelming and not like anything I've ever felt before. I couldn't separate from him. A moan escaped from my throat as the tingling surged through my body like static from my head to my toes.

His fingertips trailed along my bare arms and hands, shooting even more static into me. His lips left mine, only to travel down my jaw to my neck. I was getting lightheaded. Then I realized I was forgetting to breathe. Was that even a thing for projecting?

"Loki," I exhaled.

"Hm?" He hummed against my skin.

My eyes rolled and my mouth hung agape. This was too much, I couldn't handle it. "Loki, stop." I whimpered.

As soon as the word left my mouth he was still. This gave me time to collect myself. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. This was more than I've ever done in my almost two centuries of life. I've probably only had about five kisses in my lifetime-- two of them from Steve. Sure Natasha made me read books on the art of pleasure and seduction, but I have never, not once acted on it. I never wanted to get attached to a human that way. Like my mother did.

I don't know how long I stayed there with my eyes closed, but Loki didn't move an inch the whole time. I opened my eyes to look into his emerald green ones. His face was unreadable and his aura told me nothing about what he was thinking. I brought my hand up to touch my lips. What was that tingle I felt? Is that how kissing is supposed to be? If only Natasha was here, I have so much more to learn. Who can I go to for answers to my questions? Frigga? Definitely not. The sisters? Oh my, I forgot about them....

The thought of them entered my head and I saw Loki fade before my eyes. I blinked and I was in my room laying down on my bed.

"Finally!" Illain shouted with glee.

I looked over to see the oldest and youngest sister staring down at me. Agatha handed me a glass full of a clear bubbling liquid. "Drink this, it will help with the migraine."

I took it but didn't drink. "What migrai-- oh!" I held my head as it felt like someone was ringing a church bell in my brain.

"Drink," Agatha insisted.

I did as I was told and sipped at the drink. It tasted plain, like water. I was able to down the rest of it. Talk about instant relief.

"We tried to hold him off and turn him away but he's pretty eager."  Illain spoke.

Was she talking about Loki? I tilted my head and sat up. "Who?" I asked.

"Gunter Podson." Agatha stated and I raised an eyebrow.  "He showed up when we were braiding your hair and you projected. Ygritte is with him now trying to get him to go.

"But... Why?" I asked, still very confused.

"He's trying to court you, Isabellianna." She explained it to me.

Illain grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly. "Will you go with him?" Her blue eyes were bright and full of wonder. "He told us to tell you that its 'not under the terms of a bet this time' is that code for something? What does it mean? Will you go? You should go. Can I pick out your dress?"

Her older sister rested a hand on her shoulder. "Let her choose for herself." Then she turned back to me. "He did say he wouldn't leave without you, I can get the guards to--"

I cut her off. I needed to get my mind off a certain fallen prince for now. "I'll go with him." I said as I gave a small smile. "And you can pick out my dress, Illain."