Lover Lost

ANNA

She was beautiful. Pale blonde hair that went down to her hips. Big baby blue eyes. A rosy color that dusted her cheeks. She wore a flower crown. She giggled at something he said, it was like bells. She wasn't a goddess, she was a Disney Princess.

Sigyn looked up at Loki in his cell and he looked back with so much admiration that I began to wonder why he ever chose me. I watched them from behind a pillar, down the hall. The guards watched me curiously. Loki enchanted his cell so that the cribs and our children couldn't be seen. I took a few deep breaths, swallowed my fear and walked toward them. "Hello." I greeted nervously.

She looked at me and smiled. "You are Isabellianna?"

I looked to Loki and back to her. "That's me."

"It is wonderful to finally meet you, I am Sigyn. I am sure Loki has never mentioned me, as I am a part of his naïve past. And he does not like to think much about that." Her smile was sweet and sincere.

"We've discussed you before." I kept my defences up, unsure on what she was really thinking. It didn't help that Loki wasn't talking, he was only watching.

"That is grand, then." She was calm. "Forgive me for not attending your welcoming ceremony or wedding, my two boys were off fighting battles and I was left to fret over them. I sent you a gift, however. Did you receive it well?"

I bit my lip. "I haven't gotten around to opening all my gifts yet, sorry. I became pregnant so fast, I've been focused on my babies." It was true, though I didn't know why I was telling her everything. Heimdall said she was envious but her aura read nothing but love and adoration.

Her perfect eyebrows raised, and she brought her hand to her mouth. "There was no birth announcement, I would have brought a gift for them as well."

I shook my head, smiling. "It's alright, I only had them three weeks ago. And a lot about them was uncertain, I needed to figure some things out before they were exposed to the public.

She smiled and nodded. "I understand that completely."

I brushed one of my green locks behind my ear. "How are your boys?" I didn't know if it was right for me to ask.

She looked to the floor and smiled. "I call them boys but they have grown into young men. So far they have fought for peace and remained unscathed. Thank the Allfather."

"That's good." I looked to Loki again, well the image of himself he put up as a façade. He looked down upon us, expression blank. I looked back to Sigyn. "Would they ever like to meet their brother and sister?" I offered.

Her soft blue eyes looked into mine and her aura told me she was pleased. "Váli is a little bitter with anything having to do with his father, but Narvi just might."

"Um, would you like to see them?" I raised my eyebrows, questioning.

She clasped her hands together at her chin. "Oh could I?" She asked.

I nodded then looked to Loki who slowly dropped his illusion. He was near his bed, rocking Sofi in his arms. He scooped our son from the crib and brought them over to the window where we stood. "Sjofna and Litre." I pointed out for her.

She looked up at them in wonder. They looked back at her with gold and green eyes. "They are beautiful!" She exclaimed and my heart swelled with pride. "If you ever need anyone to talk with about motherhood or to just chat with, please reach out to me. And I am sure Narvi would love to meet them."

"I'd like that, maybe when they're older, I've been told they're going to go through a growth spurt soon." I looked to my children to check if they grew any while I was away, they looked the same to me. I noted that I couldn't sense their life signatures either, but I could see their auras. Sofi was hungry.

"Well, I should head back to my sons, I can see you want to be with your children." She gave a closed eyed smile to me and started to walk away. "See you soon, Isabellianna."

"See you." I waved to her, and soon she was gone. I motioned a guard over to let me into Loki's cell. He had put our children back into their crib and was striding over to me. I raised an eyebrow. He made his way to me and wrapped his arms around my waist, burying his face into my neck. "Hi Loki." I greeted him with a giggle. He didn't say anything. "Loki?" I wrapped my arms round him tightly waiting for him to speak. Did Sigyn bring this on? Was he sick? My mind was reeling with all the thoughts of what could possibly be wrong with him.

"I had a nightmare." He finally spoke with shakey breaths. I walked him over to the bed and sat. I made him lay down, his head in my lap. I stroked his dark tresses.

"Tell me about it." I told him softly.

"We were reading to our children, I stumbled over the words then you didn't want me anymore. You took them and left." His eyes were wide, staring at the blank wall.

"Loki as long as you want me I'm not leaving-"

He shook his head. "That's not all. Odin captured you. He was holding you in a cell, right across from me. He starved you I watched as you wasted away. Our children already dead, Sofi hung in your cell and Lee in mine." He was shaking as he chose each word carefully. "I pleaded with Odin, my life for yours, kill me and you could be free again. He didn't agree. He told me to kill you. I didn't accept. But, then, he said I I could be king if I did and.. and I..-"

I bent down to kiss his forehead and his temple and cheeks. "Shhh" I told him. "It's not real. You'd never be put in that situation. Odin wouldn't dare mess with me, or our children.

"But-"

"My Loki. My King. I know who I married, it was just a dream, try not to think much on it." I brought my hand to his and wove our fingers together.

He took a deep breath, squeezing my hand gently. "I woke up and our children were fussing I tried to calm them and then Sigyn showed up here. I didn't know if you would want her to see them so I hid them and tried to keep them quiet."

I brushed my hair behind my ear. "Why didn't you two work out? She seems so nice, and she's very pretty." I said the last part quietly.

Loki kissed the back of my hand. "I was young when I married her, I was your age actually. One hundred and eighty or two hundred or so. I had barely reached my peak maturity. But I already made a name for myself as a trickster. This was also around the time of my brother Balder's death-"

I gasped. "You had another brother?"

"That's a different story, Dear. For a different time." He spoke sadly. "But Sigyn was the only woman who would talk to me. Thor was much more popular, as he is now. She saw through the tricks and accepted me for who I was. She is kind and loving. Too much so, she let me walk over her, I was poisoning her while she thought she was saving me. Our sons saw through it all, they convinced her to leave me. I'm glad they did." His tone was full of regret.

I picked up Sofi and started to feed her, thinking over what he said. "Our kids are going to have such a big family."

Loki smiled up at me. "Tell me about it."

I sighed. "Where do I start?"