Answered Questions

ANNA

I took down my braids in front of my vanity mirror. It was evening already. I spent the day with Murmur. I brushed his coat and rode him near the river bank before finding him the freshest bail of hay and putting him to bed. I put my curly hair in a high ponytail and sighed. It was dark out but I wasn't tired. One thing was on my mind. One person, rather. Loki. I was surprised I hadn't projected to him. I was tensed, ready and waiting for it to happen actually. But it never did.

I found myself walking out of my hall and down to the dungeons. There, right by the entrance was Loki's cage. There was a different guard than last time. I motioned him over. "Let me in." I commanded him. He was reluctant to do it but a stern look from me fixed that. There was a dial on the wall and it reversed the polarity of the force field to let me in. I stepped through and he immediately returned it to its original setting.

Loki was laying on his bed. His eyes were closed and his chest rose and fell steadily. I walked over and looked down at him. His aura told me that it was in fact him, and he was asleep. I grimaced and flicked his nose.

I jumped as his hand caught my wrist and his eyes shot open. "Izbell," he breathed in greeting.

"Guess you're a light sleeper, huh?" I laughed nervously.

"It would seem so." He let go of me and sat up. His words held no tone but his aura was calm. "What are you here for?" His eyes never met mine.

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Answers." I pursed my lips.

"Ask away, I'm an open book." He sighed, uninterested.

I brushed away the loose strands of hair that fell in my face. "Alright, first things first. Why didn't you tell Odin the truth at your hearing?" I asked him the question that had been eating away at me for weeks.

He rolled his eyes. "He wouldn't have believed me, it was easier to tell him what he wanted to believe. It has happened in the past, you all see me as evil, why not be the villain you perceive, it's less trouble that way."

My eyes widened. "I see you as someone who makes terrible choices but not evil. You should have told him the truth, I was there to back up your story."

"Forgive me, but you do not know Odin as I do. He would have claimed I had possessed you into taking my side. Then you would be in the dungeons with me." He finally made eye contact with me, only to lose it quickly as he bowed his head to look as his folded hands.

I couldn't argue with him, based on the events that unfolded the night before. Odin was quick to claim Loki was behind all foul play. "Well I'm here with you now anyway." I muttered.

He scoffed. "As you have stated before, you can leave whenever you want."

I nodded. He was good, using my own words against me. I remembered the name Odin said but decided to save it for later. "So I met your son today." I sat down next to him.

This got a reaction out of him. His eyebrows raised. "Sleipnir? How is he?" He asked, a little concern slipping in his tone.

"How did you know I meant him? You have four sons." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Two have disowned me and it would be nearly impossible for you to meet the other." He shrugged it off.

"What happened to the other one?" I asked.

"Banished, but I hear he's doing pretty well for himself." He looked up at the ceiling as his mouth twitched.

What did that mean? I shook my head, I had to focus on the bigger questions. "Who... How many partners have you had?" I stumbled over the question, trying to word it correctly.