Turning Page

ANNA

We walked out the room and Illain was about to lead me out the castle but I stopped her, I at least needed to change out of my sleep clothes. She waited outside my room while I put on some black leather pants and a green shirt. My braid, though a little messy was still intact from yesterday so I left it how it was. I put on some knee high boots and stepped out of the room. The blonde rolled her eyes at me when she saw me, I matched her outfit.

I chuckled and started walking down the hall. "Race you to the stables!" I called to her and started running. 

"Hey, that's not fair!" She called to me and started running after me.

We met at the stables, she was out of breath, I chuckled at her, that run was nothing for me. Back at S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy, I would have to run three miles every morning and I didn't stop the routine when I graduated. I did stop; however, when I got to Asgard. I would have to get back at my exercise, especially if everything is an excuse to have a feast here.

We found the stable door easily as it had a big silver ribbon on it. Also on the door was a gilded plaque that had the name 'Murmur' engraved on it. I pushed the door to the side to open it and revealed the beautiful horse. I was in awe as I went up to the creature. "Can I pet you?" I asked him. He huffed a 'yes' and my arm outstretched to stroke his brown coat and his black mane. "You're a beautiful creature, Murmur." I told him and he leaned into my touch. I chuckled as he almost pushed me over.

"Hurry up, Isabellianna!" Illain called to me. I shook my head and saddled my horse and walked him out to meet her.

"Oh, he is a handsome beast, isn't he?" She complemented my horse and he nudged me with his nose.

I smiled. "He says thank you." I eyed her all white horse. "She's a very pretty beast."

Illain giggled. "You hear that, Vera?" She patted her horses neck and Vera held her head high and huffed proudly. "Have you ever ridden a horse before?" She asked me, her blue eyes looking up at me curiously.

I nodded. "Back when I was your age I had a horse named James."

She gave a sly grin. "Well let's hope you aren't too rusty." She quickly jumped on Vera. "Race you to the beach!" She said and she was off.

"Wait up!" I called after her, laughing.

__________ÅÅÅÅÅ_________

We were out for about an hour, we rode our horses along the shore and then stopped for a while to build castles in the sand. Agatha found us and told us our fun had to be cut short, it was time for Illain's lessons. So we rode back to the stables and went our separate ways. I went back to my hall and back to the lounge room. I was a little scared that the key would have magically disappeared by the time I got back but I was able to sigh in relief when I saw the key and the door were still there. I quickly grabbed the key and made my way over to the magic door. The key went in smoothly and turned like butter, the door swung open and the lights in the room turned on. I stepped in and looked around, I was startled by the door closing behind me. I ignored that for now, slipping the key in my pocket and began exploring. 

The room was exquisite, a big wall of books, so tall there was a rolling ladder.  There was a fireplace and near it was a brown leather chase with green and gold throw pillows. There were various musical instruments in one corner, ones I could never hope to know how to play. There was a large hardwood desk but what caught my eye was an open book. I went over to it and found it was open to the middle of the book, a message written in beautiful handwriting was there. 

I truly hope you enjoy your gift.

                                              ~L

I froze. This was all from Loki? I should have known, Illain did say this was his hall before it was mine. Was this his getaway when everything just got too heavy? When he needed time to himself? And now he's revealing it to me? He could have taken this room with him to the grave. I smiled softly at the message. Something compelled me to pick up the fountain pen and reply to his note.

Best gift ever! Thank you!

-Izbell

I smiled when I finished writing my name, nobody ever calls me that but it was my nickname for myself. I was about to put the pen down when more writing appeared. I scoffed. Was this texting for gods?

Glad you like it.. Izbell.

I saw every letter as he wrote it. I imagined him saying my name like that, I chuckled for a moment but then I remembered all the times he said my name before, how it sent a shiver down my spine. His enunciation and accent together was so foreign, no one ever said my name like him in my life. I shook my head to clear it. I put the pen to the paper again.

Right, and why aren't you just projecting yourself to tell me this right now?

I waited for his reply, he didn't have me wait long.

Have you forgotten I was thrown into the dungeons, never to see the surface again?

Oh, right :(

What is ':('?

It's a sad face lol

What is 'lol'

It stands for 'Laughing out loud'

I see... lol

You'll get the hang of it :)

...That is a happy face?

You're a fast learner.

:)

Now stop bothering me so I can go read my new books!

Alright, I will stop pestering you, but may I suggest the book in the top drawer of the desk to be your first read?

I opened the drawer he was talking about and pulled out the book. It didn't have a title but it was big and the cover was a deep green and the spine was gold. I flipped through it and was amazed to find spells and charms. I decided to write back to Loki to express my happiness.

Shh! Learning magic!! :) :)

 He was quiet after that and I opened the magic book to the first page. Directions on how to astral project. I almost squealed in glee. I took the book over to the fireplace, sitting on the chase and started studying.

It seemed easy enough... It just wasn't working for me. I didn't want to rage quit but staring at the book and practicing was giving me a headache. I decided to take a break. I closed the book and went to set it back on the desk. I pulled the key out of my pocket and opened the door. From the window in the lounge room I saw the sun setting. I sighed, the door to the secret room closed behind me and I slipped the key back in my pocket.