Family Tree

ANNA

"No, it's not okay, because I have a brother out there, maybe even an uncle if he's alive."

Loki looked down at his feet as he had Sofi over his shoulder, burping her. "I just don't think you should fret over it."

I stopped pacing, still rocking Lee in my arms, trying to get him to sleep. "But you do realize that my mother basically lied to me my whole time with her, and she did it because she was trying so hard to be human. She threw away all of our heritage, our history. Because she loved a human. What's the point in being in love if you can't be honest?" I went over to sit next to my husband, I rested my head on his free shoulder.

"Maybe she wanted to protect him." He tried to reason with me.

I sighed. "Maybe." I picked up my head to look into Loki's green eyes. "I know lying is in your nature but you can always be brutally honest with me, okay?"

He shook his head. "I'd never lie to you-"

"I know who you are, okay? I know that being a ruler is really important for you, I wouldn't even think about stopping you from following your dreams. Because I'd expect the same thing in return." I looked at my children. I leaned down to kiss my son's forehead. "We have to teach them about who they are. Every part of them." I put him in his crib and Loki did the same with Sofi, setting her right next to her brother.

Loki pulled me into his lap. "That's a lot of parts. Midgardian, Medjordian."

"Jotunn." I smiled, lacing my fingers with his.

"And they'll grow up Asgardian." He pressed his lips to my temple, breathing in my scent.

"Speaking of Asgardians, you know who I should speak to about any other Medjordians?" I looked into my husband's eyes.

"Heimdall?" He guessed.

"Yeah, he sees every being in the universe, right? He should know if there are anymore out there. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner." I stood, determined.

Loki looked up at me, pouting. "You're going now?"

I giggled. "Yes, there's no time like the present."

He grabbed my hand and kissed it. "Come back quickly? We'll miss you."

"Of course." I bent down to kiss him and he let me go. I was on the surface in no time. I flew through the city and beyond the rainbow bridge until I was in Heimdall's workplace.

He nodded when I entered, obviously expecting my visit. "Welcome, Isabellianna."

I smiled at him. "You know what I'm here for right? So can you do it? Can you use your power to find other Medjordians?"

He shook his head, taking off his helmet. "I don't have to use my powers."

My eyebrows scrunched together. "What do you mean-" I was speechless when his dark skin turned red before my eyes and his hair turned green. "What?"

He quickly turned back. "I am your uncle, Isabellianna."

I stared at him, my mouth agape. "What?"

"Your mother, Annalisette. Was my sister-"

I shook my head. "I know what an uncle is, why are you telling me this now? Not when I first came here? Not when I was pregnant?" I was livid. "And you're working under someone who dwindled the numbers of our race?"

He gave a half smile. "You sound like your mother. I wanted you to figure it out for yourself. And as for me serving Odin, there are much bigger things at play than he."

I narrowed my eyes at him, I would except his answer, for now. "Speaking of my mother, do I have a brother? Where did she send him?"

"Your brother is well. He rebuilds with his wife and children." He spoke, his eyes were distant.

I tilted my head. "Rebuilds?"

He nodded. "The battle on Vanaheim has been won, but many homes were destroyed in the process."

I bit my lip. "Does he know about me? I want to meet him."

"He doesn't know of you. He has guessed he has a sister, but it is only a theory in his mind." He explained.

"Send me to him." I told him.

He nodded. "As you wish." He walked over to the sword and I prepared myself for the bifrost ride. "His name is Njorden." After a turn of the sword and a deep breath, I was being hurdled through space.

I touched down on rich soil and came face to face with a man who looked like me. Heimdall's aim was pretty good. The man in front of me was wide eyed as he looked over me and my colors that mirrored his own. Red skin stretched over muscles, short green hair, long eyelashes that rimmed his gold eyes. He was the male me, my twin brother. "Njorden?" I asked.

He blinked fast. "Yes?"

"I'm your sister, Isabellianna."

His green eyebrows raised. "Sister?" He asked, his voice smooth, just as a girl who looked about thirteen or fourteen ran up to him, his daughter by the looks of it.

"Daddy, who is this?" She asked.

I looked to him for his answer. "This is your Aunt Bella." He said, his tone was soaked disbelief.

The girl was also skeptical. "Aunt?"

I looked to both of them with a half smile. "I can explain."

Njorden mirrored my smile. He must have been reading my aura. I took my time to read his, it showed confusion, shock, and a hint of happiness. "Over lunch?" He offered. I agreed. I ate before I fed my twins, but I could eat more now.

We walked to his home. Through the dense forest. This planet was so green, very different from Asgard; and modern New York, even. "Daddy and my older sisters raised this forest." The young girl said proudly.

I smiled down at her. "That's amazing."

"Clara, Dione, Mizzy, and Eindral. Those are their names. Then there's my brother Magnus and me Reilly." She ticked off the names.

My eyebrows raised. "You have such a big family. I just had a daughter and son of my own. Your cousins. Litre and Sjofna."

Her eyes lit up. "I have cousins?" We made it into a house and there were five women sitting around the table chopping vegetables, peeling fruits. Four of the five women were undeniably Medjordian. My nieces, but they looked, well... They looked my age. All of them could pass for twenty on Midgard.