My Never

LOKI

I set my book on the table near me. Guards had just got done delivering a new piece of furniture from my mother. I looked out in the window in front of me and sighed. I looked at the other prisoners, grouped in cages. At least Odin was generous enough to save me that suffering. I don't play well with others. That is, except for Isabellianna. She doesn't annoy me like most would, and she tolerates me which most don't. I hope she doesn't grow tired of me too soon.

That's when she appeared in front of my eyes. She was sitting on the floor, eyes wide, might I add fully clothed-- much to my displeasure. My cold heart leapt for joy. "Hello," I greeted her, my mouth stretching with a grin.

"Fuck me," she sighed, putting her head in her hands, hiding her beautiful face.

I raised an eyebrow. "Anytime, my dear." I was serious, though the smile on my face said the opposite. I was just so thrilled she was here.

She scoffed and laughed. Looking up at me. "Shut up," she said. She was probably serious but her bright smile said otherwise.

"So what led me to enter your thoughts this time?" I changed the subject.

She groaned, obviously ashamed that I had crossed her mind. "Your sisters were talking about you." She admitted.

I rested my chin on my knuckles. "Oh? What were they saying about me?" I asked, intrigued.

Her eyebrows knit, trying to remember. When she did, her eyes narrowed at me. "No, you know what? It's none of your business." She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

A game, what fun. "Well I guess you don't want to know what you speak of in your sleep." I looked away from her, trying to hide my smirk.

She stood. "No! Tell me!" She commanded desperately.

Oh, how I loved the sound of her begging. I stood then, walking up to her and looking down into her golden eyes. "Tell me what my sisters said first." Though her projection had no scent I could remember it in detail. Sweet cinnamon and flowers.

I saw it on her face, how torn she was. How she wanted to stand her ground. Her bottom lip was caught between her teeth as she weighed her options. I saw it when the spark lit in her eyes. "I'm the trustworthy one, you tell me first and then I'll tell you."

I smirked. "Well played." I retraced my steps to return to sitting in my chair. She settled down in front of me, cross legged. "Believe me when I tell you it's mostly hums and sighs. Every now and again you would say legible words, all of which were in a different language."

She rolled her gold eyes. "Okay but what did I say?" She pushed.

"You said 'I want' and 'happy' in a Midgardian language, Russian, I believe. You also said you wanted 'clip yar' a lot, does this have any meaning?" I asked her. As soon as the phrase left my lips her already red face flushed.

"It doesn't mean anything." She said simply. I chuckled at how terrible a liar she was.

"What have I told you about lying to me, Izbell?" I reprimanded her, raising an eyebrow.

She put her face in her hands. "Klepjärth," she gave me the correct pronunciation. "It's a Medjordian word, before she died, my mom would always speak the words to me to make sure I would know our mother tongue."

"What does it mean? Why does it embarrass you?" I asked, still confused after her hollow explanation.

She peeked through the separated fingers over her eyes and gave a dry laugh. "So it's a word she used to refer to my father sometimes." I nodded and before I could open my mouth to ask another question she spoke. "It translates to 'lover' or 'mate'." She let out in one breath.

I was stunned for awhile before a grin made its way onto my face and I was chuckling. "That's not too bad." I assured her.

"It's the worst." She sighed. "Why would I say that?!" She whispered to herself

I stood and walked over to her, kneeling in front of her. I wished I could remove her hands from over her face and hold them in my own.  But I kept my hands to myself and she removed her own hands ."Don't tear yourself apart over it, dear, it was just a dream." I smiled at her.

She narrowed her gold eyes at me. "You know, it really pains me to say you're right."

I raised a brow. "Really, because for me I get a strange sense of pleasure-"

She cut me off by with her laughter. The chuckle that escaped her lips was music to my ears. Suddenly she looked behind her and then she looked back at me. "Careful," she started. "The guards might think you're actually showing them respect kneeling like that. Because they can't see me right?" Her head tilted.

I looked out the clear wall at the armored men pacing the hall. "They can't see me either- well they can, but to them I'm reading a book on my cot." I explained to her.

"Oh, so you... Charmed your room? You can do that? Can I do that?" The words left her mouth quickly and excitedly.

"One step at a time dear, you've barely gotten projection down." I gestured to her.

She frowned. "Stop being right all the time." She brushed a stray hair out of her face.

"I can't help it." I smoothed my own hair back.

"It is interesting though..." She whispered to herself.

"What is?" I asked curiously.

She seemed reluctant to answer at first but overcame it quickly. "I've never seen you kneel to anyone. You blatantly refuse to do so for Odin. Why me?" Her eyes scanned my face.

I looked away from her for a moment. "You're the only one worthy."

Her eyebrows came together as my words left my mouth. "Is that so?" She asked, obviously at a loss for words.

How could she not know how high I regard her? I put my other knee on the floor and sat back on my heels deciding to change the subject. "Now it's time to uphold your end of the bargain. What did my sisters say about me?" I asked.

She looked me in the eyes as a smirk spread across her face. "I'm not going to tell you."

I scoffed. Did I hear her correctly? "Excuse me? But we had a deal."

She came in close, her cheek so close to touching mine as she whispered in my ear. "I lied." She pulled back and giggled.

In the spur of the moment I tried to grab her by the shoulders and pin her to the floor but I forgot she was just a projection. She was all out laughing now. I returned to my seated position and crossed my arms over my chest. "If you don't tell me, Ygritte will." I bluffed, keeping her busy as I started to project myself.

She gave me a sidelong look, still laughing. "Will she, are you sure?"

"No," I said as my projected self pulled her onto the astral plane and I pinned her to the ground. "Because you will."

She looked around us, still full of giggles. "Where are we?"

I leaned in closer to her face, looking into her gold eyes. "Tell me what they said first." I smiled as I had the upper hand now.

She narrowed her eyes. "Make me." She whispered.

My body steeled for four seconds. In those four seconds I thought of her eyes, her full lips, how I was hovering over her, pinning her to the ground. I thought of how she didn't know what she was doing by taunting and challenging me that way. I thought of all of this before my lips clashed against hers and the electricity of our astral selves connected and flowed through each other. Creating a current that covered the span of our bodies, inside and out. Her natural reflex was to pull away and I would have let her go, but the second reaction she had was a moan and she decided to stay.

I started trailing my hands over the places where her skin was bared. The silent, invisible electricity sparked and shocked her as it did the same for me. I kissed down her neck as she gasped.

"Loki," she whispered.

I myself nearly moaned at the sound of my name at her lips. "Hm?" I asked still kissing her.

"Loki, stop."

I froze.