Hatake Kakashi: Fascination: Part III

|| [Hatake] : Fascination : [Kakashi] || [Part III] ||

--

Oriko had just stepped out of the shower and felt much fresher, it was still early evening and had been about an hour since she said good bye to Kakashi and was preparing to eat dinner.  She felt like sticky rice, fried beef and dumplings– a weird combination but her taste-buds were competitive things and they were all as complex as each other. 

As she began to steam the rice and the dumplings, she placed the beef medallions on the hot pan (which were bought frozen) and also put on a pot of green tea, mulling over how she would spend her night.  Kakashi’s kind words on her performance and her slight pride at not loosing as badly as she did last time, she wondered if she could spend a night not studying.  Although she knew that some work would have to be done, she reckoned that she could afford a beer or two at the local bar.

There would be no age restriction on her and staying in every evening was beginning to get a little boring.  She’d been on a few missions and although they didn’t pay handsomely, she could afford one night out.   Her dinner finished cooking and she sat lightly on the edge of her sofa woofing down her meal, realizing just how hungry she was, not noticing that it had been almost seven hours since she ate last.

Eventually, after a great deal of procrastination as her apprehension about going to a bar alone in a town of people who were ostensibly strangers to her, having not really made friends with anyone other than Izumi and Kakashi, almost got the better of her. Izumi was too young to drink and Kakashi really didn’t look like the bar frequenting socialite she’d find drinking a beer after a hard days reading.  But then, she assumed he’d be the type of man to be something of a surprise when he felt like it and whatever that surprise might be he would have perfect timing.

As she wandered down the street with an easy gait, in her baggy-ish thin trousers and a light, well-fitting three-quarter length sleeved shirt dark purple with a semi-floral pattern and a plain, almost diminutive waistcoat over the top.  The evening air was warm and the walk pleasant as it wasn’t quite dark yet, but another half hour and it probably would be.  She eventually made it to the bar and wandered in, it wasn’t too busy, which Oriko was grateful for and she made her way over to the bar, having spotted a number of quiet tables which she could choose to sit at.

“Hi there, what can I get you?” The barman asked kindly,

“A bottle of Asahi, please,” He nodded and turned to fetch a bottle as she pulled out the appropriate money,

“There you go,” They exchanged a ‘good’ for money and she walked away with a beer in hand, feeling a touch more relaxed as she lowered herself into a seat in the corner taking a swig of beer, surprised at her pleasure from looking over the room at random shinobi and civilians all sat drinking, laughing and looking at ease.   It didn’t take long for her to feel comfortable enough to pull out a pencil, rubber and small notebook that she carried around with her and set the sharp nib of the pencil down and allowed it to move as whatever seemed most natural. 

She wasn’t paying any attention to her surroundings, enjoying her little corner of privacy in a crowded room her pencil tracing lightly the shapes of the images in her head as she occasionally reached out to take a swig from the bottle.  Her drawing was nearly complete, as it spanned two pages, she reached out for the bottle, finally lifting her eyes from the page and tilting the bottle back, her disappointment evident as she found it to be empty.

“F-damn,” She half-swore quietly, rolling her eyes at the bottle, while gearing herself up to go and get another drink when one appeared in front of her, accompanied by a gloved hand. “W-Kakashi? What?” She muttered in mild surprise, unsure of his actions,