Hatake Kakashi: Fascination: Part XXX

--

|| [Hatake] : Fascination : [Kakashi] || [Part XXX] ||

--

Oriko stood staring at the wooden mannequin hung from a tree, resisting even a smile of her amusement,

That is my final training hurdle?” She turned to meet his gaze, which was solid and unreadable as ever,

“Yep…you’re going to keep the fire/wind cards small, the original size, and learn to aim it correctly at a human-sized target,” Oriko raised an eyebrow, that was a good point… Her aim with wind chakra was less than perfect and her target will be moving if she uses this for real…. She walked a little closer to it eyeing it up and down,

“Nice work on the henohenomoheji*,” She couldn’t resist a smile of amusement at just how random the seemingly slight grumpy scarecrow looked, as Kakashi rolled his eye, ignoring her playful sarcasm,

“You’ll need to be able to hit the target from at least a good ten meters,” He placed a hand on her shoulder, and stepped back pulling her in tow, to a distance he was happy with, “If you can get good strikes from this distance then it will be the most valuable to you; it will also give you a more accurate idea of the jutsu effects on a human-size target,” He explained, expertly hiding his own curiosity; Oriko nodded firmly and began to organize her chakra.

As she allowed the two types to mix and the flames flap at the edges of the card, she noticed how long it took to form the jutsu, at least a minute and a half until she was happy that the ‘card’ was stable.

If it really takes me this long then it will be useless in a battle…and it takes so much chakra that I probably wouldn’t be able to use a bunshin diversion for long enough without completely draining all my chakra…

She thought gloomily but nonetheless focused on throwing the card as hard and as fast as she could towards the dummy.  The card flew well and straight, spinning as it went which helped with its accuracy; it hit its mark and sliced straight through the mannequin’s arm and shoulder, and burning through the points it connected with.

The jutsu however, didn’t immediately fizzle out after it had connected and it continued on its path, slicing through more trees and branches on its way before it eventually dissipated.  

“Damn,” Oriko could feel the chakra drain and felt frustrated that it seemed only to be able to slice, would it be more useful to be able to detonate it as it connected with something? I wonder…would it be responsive to chakra alterations? Would I be able to detonate it from afar? Hmm…

 --//--//--//--//--

Oriko couldn’t resist feeling a little nervous as she took a slow walk around the village as was her usual morning routine; it was the morning of the final test in the Chuunin selection exams.  Most of the villagers were busy milling around and there were many people arriving in the village, the feudal lords, guest, shinobi from other villages – the entirety of Konoha was a hive of activity.

Oriko, feeling a little disgruntled at all the commotion, diverted from her route to head out to the training grounds for the peace and quiet she searching for; the kuniochi kept her face passive and movements slow and predictable, conserving what energy she could.

“My! Aren’t you an island of calm in a turbulent and fast moving sea of chaos?” A sudden voice interrupted her peace, and turned to face the proud Azure Beast,