Hatake Kakashi: Fascination: Part XXXIII

--

|| [Hatake] : Fascination : [Kakashi] || [Part XXXIII] ||

--

It had been about a month since Oriko had graduated to Chuunin and her lifestyle seemed to have changed radically; it was especially challenging for her to adapt to not seeing Kakashi for training purposes, rather on a slightly more ad hoc, although still mostly daily, missions basis which would last for a usually a few days. 

Occasionally she’d have to either act as Taichou and lead a few lower ranking Genin or Chuunin less capable than herself, or participate in missions with another person as Taichou. 

It took a little while for Oriko to adapt to the regular changes and the less formal relationship she had with Kakashi, something which was most obviously demonstrated to her by his change of demeanour. 

They seemed to be far more like friends than ever they had been, not to say they weren’t friendly before, but it was easy to see the polite distance they kept, whereas during the past few weeks, they were much more at ease with one another.  

Oriko had managed to get a greater control over her fan too, although it still wasn’t perfect, she was able to target roughly a human sized shape with any degree of sharpness to the blades edge, allowing her a range of options between merely knocking someone one out to cutting them in half.

It was around lunch time as Oriko wandered up to Yakiniku Q for a bite to eat before she was to head to Tsunade’s for her next mission assignment, She sat at a small booth, away from the main seating area, hoping for a few minutes of peace and quiet before she would no doubt have to leave the village on another assignment and forfeit her privacy and quiet for a few days.  She scanned her eyes over the menu, mentally selecting what she wanted,

“O-Oriko, it has been such a long time since I saw you last…h-how are you?” A very familiar shy and unassuming voice broke her concentration; she looked up to the cute, grey eyes of Izumi,

“Izumi!” She exclaimed a smile finding its way to her face, which he matched, “How have you been? Well? I hope Ebisu is still training you well,”

“Ahha, y-yes, he is...although I have trouble keeping up with Asano, he seems to have improved so much after the Chuunin exams…which I hear you passed, c-congratulations,” He spoke gently, as Oriko nodded,

“Yes, I did…I’m very busy though; that I hardly have time much to think about it, how is Asano?”

“H-he’s loud and annoying as ever…I think it really bruised his ego that he didn’t pass the exams and he says that he has high expectations of Tsanashi and me when we take it next time,” He grinned in a nervous fashion,

“Asano is a skilled Genin, but don’t let him push you around, he’s the type of boy who works best in tandem with someone else…he’s not as intimidating as he’d like to think,” She smiled at her memories of how easily he’d fall into line at times during the last Chuunin exam.

 Izumi grinned easily back, “Well I need to pass this time or I won’t be able to give up working here,” He half-whispered, “But anyway, what would you like to order, Oriko?”

“Oh, some dumplings, the duck, and a side of rice with roasted sesame oil please,” Izumi scribbled down as she spoke,

“Of course, would you like some peach juice?”

“Absolutely,” She smiled at his memory for her favourite drink where in here, he scuttled away, as Oriko tightened the string on the side of her shirt.  It was of a very traditional style, similar to a jinbei, where it folded over to her left side with the right underneath and tied on either side at her hips.