Hatake Kakashi: Fascination: Part XXIX

--

|| [Hatake] : Fascination : [Kakashi] || [Part XXIX] ||

--

Oriko closed her eyes and began to settle her thoughts, clearing her mind of all its irrelevant information, hearing Kakashi walk away; as she opened her senses to her own chakra, she began to mould it, although as yet not trying to force it into any particular shape – an impression of clay forming in her mind’s eye. 

As she mentally moulded and stretched the ‘clay’ she allowed the image of fire to come to her mind and to try and have the chakra take on the properties of the fire – to watch the ends turn to tongues of fire. 

To have them strengthen and grow into great leaping flames; unfortunately the fire seemed to grow exponentially  and she couldn’t control it in time or to direct the fire away from the centre of her body and before she could move, was forced to expel the chakra fire as a colossal but uncontrolled Goukakkyuu fireball.

“Ugh, haa, haa, haa, haa,” She panted falling to her hands and knees, feeling the searing pain in her chest,

“Are you alright?” Kakashi appeared instantly next to her,

Haa, haa, yea, haa, haa,” She continued to pant, somehow feeling as though half her energy had been sucked away,

“Well,” He began again, Oriko able to clearly hear the amusement in his voice, “That clears it up – your second nature is most definitely fire,” He chuckled as Oriko raised her eyes to meet his, obviously unimpressed; she leaned back to sit cross-legged on the ground her breath having finally caught her up again as she prepared to make a second attempt, her wrists resting on each knee.

“Direct your chakra here,” He tapped the centre of her palm lightly with his finger, “This time; it will be easier for you to control and you won’t waste so much chakra at once,”

“Hai, hai,” She nodded allowing a small smile to appear as she again closed her eyes and attempted to concentrate, as soon as the image of her clay-chakra came to mind, she immediately tried to pull a little bit of the main glob and ‘move’ it to her left palm, before again tried to set it ablaze; this time, she’d use a small amount of chakra and a modest fire. 

She could seem to get the chakra glowing, the embers of fire were bright and sparking but it was difficult to for it to genuinely catch and resemble fire.  She kept managing to mould the perfect amount of chakra into embers but for some reason she just couldn’t move any further forward. 

After some hours, she lay back on the grass, staring at the evening sky, allowing her body and mind to rest, her chakra feeling almost completely drained.  She tried to get her mind to focus again on the fire and her chakra but it was difficult to concentrate, her fatigue encouraging random things to pop into her head until her thoughts became a jumbled blur of everything and nothing.

“Well, it’s been about three and a half hours,” Kakashi explained, not moving from the tree he was sat it,

“I…just can’t huff, huff, seem to get any control…haa, too much fire and it seems to explode, too little and it won’t catch,”

“Catch?” Kakashi queried, unsure what she meant,

“Catch ablaze…I can picture my chakra heating up to point of it resembling embers, but I can’t increase the fire any more than that – I can’t seem to get the fire to catch ablaze,” She explained, still feeling tired but her mind seemed a little clearer,