Hatake Kakashi: Fascination: Part XIII

|| [Hatake] : Fascination : [Kakashi] || [Part XIII] ||

--

Oriko couldn’t help but twitch nervously as she stood on the grass, about thirty-seven seconds after she’d finished performing the last Jutsu in her array. She been at the training grounds at half seven in order to practice furiously for her fight with Kakashi’s friend’s student and it was close to ten thirty – her body now being rested for as long as she could manage – Kakashi again late, although it didn’t surprise her, but neither was there a sign of ‘cute Lee’. 

She was looking forward to a chance to prove her skills against another (who seemed not to be a Jounin considering he had a sensei) but wished that it would hurry up – rather than having to hang around for hours, it really was quite troublesome. 

However, she felt quite prepared and was ready to face any challenge – she felt sure (to a comfortable degree) that he wouldn’t be better than Kakashi (although he did lose the Jan-Ken…). Oriko was nearly forced to physically shake her head to break her train of thought; her nerves were getting the better of her as she found another seat on the grass and attempted to mediate to clear away her worry.

It didn’t really work; not to mention that as soon as she’d closed her eyes, or so it seemed, she could hear the familiar voice of Kakashi, she immediately snapped her eyes open to meet his only visible one, curved which signalled he was grinning.

“Hi,” She sighed,

“Morning! Are you ready to spar with Lee?”

“Uh… yea, I guess,”

“Great! In the meantime, there’s something I want to tell you,” What? “There are a number of things you need to know about doujutsus, which I assume you’ve heard of,” She nodded in response, why did I think he was going to say something else? “There are certain techniques you may well encounter in the future which utilize a Kekkei-Genkai or blood line limit, these are usually manifest in the form of eye patterns and colouration for doujutsu although other types of limits are possible,”

Oriko continued to look at him, feeling more fascinated by what he was saying, “A good example of this is in the Sharingan, a limit passed on by the Uchiha clan of Konoha.  I happen to possess a Sharingan, I don’t really care to explain how,” He muttered under his breath, but it was obvious she heard as he lifted his head band to reveal his typically covered left eye.

He had a deep scar running over both eye lids and the iris was abnormal to say the least, she could see from her distance its deep crimson colour with three little ‘comma’ like marks around the jet black pupil.  She was tempted to get a little closer to try and get a more detailed look but knew that was a bad idea;

“Cool,” Was her rather modest response and although Kakashi’s outward demeanor didn’t change, he couldn’t resist rolling his eyes internally at her childish response.

“This eye allows me to see through all nin, tai and genjutsus and even copy them, I can see chakra flow, pre-empt taijutsu moves…what?” He questioned seeing her semi-blank stare,

“You aren’t actually of the Uchiha clan, right?” He shook his head in slow negative, “Then is it a little contradictory of the point of a blood line limit if you don’t have any of their blood?”

“Well…” What was the point of me saying that I didn’t want to explain? He thought to himself as a sweat drop formed, “That’s a long and…uh…long story which I don’t want to get into here; suffice to say, that I am not a natural successor of the Sharingan and it steadily eats away at my chakra when its activated.  As it doesn’t suit me well, I can’t deactivate it and must keep it covered.  Neither can I use it to its full potential and it tends to wear me out after long,” Kakashi explained observing her unimpressed look;