Chapter 2 - Don't You Get It

The trio walked with the rest of the first-years and to the front of the Great Hall, where a stern-looking woman, whose hair was done up in a tight bun and she wore dark green robes.

"Hello students, I am Professor McGonagall your Transfiguration teacher. In a few moments, you will join your classmates but before you do you be sorted into one of the houses. Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Your house will be like your family, any achievements you will be awarded points, any rule breaking, you will lose points. The Sorting will commence very shortly." Professor McGonagall walked into the Great Hall and most of the students looked at each other nervously.

"Let's hope for Gryffindor, right?" James whispered to Ivy, who nodded and tried to hide how nervous she was.

"What do you think Mum and Dad would do if we were in different houses?" She asked.

"I don't know. Maybe they'll disown us." He said jokingly, but Ivy didn't see it and James seemed to notice. "Ah, don't be so nervous Twinnie," she made a face, making him grin. "You have nothing to worry about."

"I have a lot of things to be nervous about." James sighed and grabbed her hand, before squeezing tightly. "Ow-"

"Oi. Stop worrying, it'll be fine." He turned her around so she could look at him.

Ivy sighed deeply. "Fine, how are you not nervous?"

"Oh, I'm terrified. I'm just not letting it show as much as you are." Ivy smiled slightly and sighed.

"And I bet your parents aren't that bad," Sirius stated. "Can't be worse than my parents, right?"

"How bad are your parents then?" Sirius opened his mouth to answer the question, but the Great Hall doors opened and Professor McGonagall invited them inside. They walked inside the Great Hall and gasped. Four tables lined up the hall, covered with students in different years. There was another head table for all the staff. Candles floated above them and the roof looked like the beautiful night sky.

Professor McGonagall walked to the front of the hall and picked up the ragged hat that was on the stool. She held up a scroll and said. "When I call your name, you will come forth and place the Sorting Hat on your head, which will sort you into your houses. Black, Sirius!"

Sirius walked up to the front and Ivy and James glanced at each other.

"His last name is Black?" Ivy whispered. "Like the pure-blood noble family house of Black?"

"Maybe." James shrugged. "I like him though. Except for when he-"

"Okay! We get it!!"

"GRYFFINDOR!!" The Sorting Hat yelled suddenly. Sirius' eyes widened, a shocked expression on his face. Then he grinned and walked over to the table on the middle left.

"Bones, Edgar!" Professor McGonagall called out again. Another boy walked up to the Sorting Hat.

"RAVENCLAW!!" The table on the far right cheered and the boy ran over to them.

The Sorting continued, many of the students seemed happy to what house they were put in. Lily Evans was put into Gryffindor.

"Isn't that the girl you like?" Ivy whispered to James and nudged him.

"Who said I liked her?" James asked, watching the redheaded girl sit next to Sirius.

"You did. Just now."

"I'm confused-"

"Aww, Jimmy is in love."

"Don't worry Vivi, you'll find someone soon."