Chapter 14 - Don't Forget

Christmas was beautiful at Hogwarts. It started to snow a few days ago and Ivy had counted at least twelve large Christmas trees around the school. It was a shame that she and James weren't staying for the holidays, Ivy had already told their parents they were coming back, but there were traditions at Potter Manor that made Christmas a thousand times better.

Ivy looked through the many students that were waiting at the train stations in Hogsmeade. Regulus had joined his cousins somewhere so she was by herself. She needed to find the Marauders, especially James, so that she wouldn't have to look for him when they got back at Platform 9 and 3/4... and because they were her only friends. She pulled her trunk through the crowd and accidentally ran over someone's foot.

"Ow! Hey! Watch it!" The person yelled and Ivy turned around. Amber saw her and rolled her eyes. "Oh, it's you," Ivy glared at her and rolled her eyes. 

"Well, I'm sorry." She replied mockingly and walked off again.

 "Wait, wait, wait!" Amber ran and grabbed her arm, pulling her back. Ivy rolled her eyes and turned to her.

"What?" Ivy said bitterly and pulled her arm away.

"Did you ask him?" She asked and Ivy groaned internally. She had chosen to forget about Amber's request for a date with Sirius Black, Ivy was hoping that she would too. But apparently not. 

"Um... he said he will think about it..." Ivy lied and shrugged. "But um - yeah, that's it."

"He said he will think about it?" She repeated slowly. 

Ivy nodded furiously. "Yep! So bye!" And she ran off, trying to get as far as she can from the stupid, popular, snobby girl. 

Ivy glanced at the giant clock on one of the walls and sighed. It was 10:55, meaning the train was leaving in five minutes. She walked to the train and placed her trunk with everyone else's. She jumped onto the train and looked down the hall. She was in the middle of the train, and if James and the others were sitting in the same compartment then she would have to walk towards the back. The train started to move as Ivy looked in each compartment. 

She finally found the Marauders and smiled, opening the compartment door. "Hey!" Ivy greeted and the boys all chorused back the same greeting. Ivy put her bag down on the ground and sat next to James, placing her feet on the seat in front of her. "What's been happening?" She asked.

"We just got on the train," James stated.

"So? Come on, you're the Marauders!" Ivy exclaimed mockingly and laughed. "Does anyone actually call you that?"

The boys glanced at each other. "No..." Remus answered.

"But they will," Sirius added and leaned against the seat. 

"I doubt it," Ivy said honestly. She looked around. "Has the trolley lady come yet?" 

"The train just left," James repeated and rolled his eyes. He smiled and took something out of his pocket. It was a deck of cards that made Ivy grin. "Want to play a game of Exploding Snap?" 

"You're on." She declared and looked at Remus, Sirius and Peter. "You guys playing?" 

"Obviously, we're the Marauders!" Sirius exclaimed and they all laughed. 

"Oh gosh," Ivy shook her head with amusement. The cards shuffled and they grabbed their wands so they could tap the cards when there was a pair in the pile. Ivy frowned and looked at James. "Does using our wands count as using magic?"

"We played this at home, remember?" James replied and Ivy thought for a minute, then gasped in realisation.

"Oh yeah, okay, continue." Ivy smiled sheepishly and her brother rolled his eyes. The simple card game quickly became intense between the five players. The deck of cards shuffled themselves and would also explode at random times. In one of the games, Peter had to quickly move out of the way because the cards had exploded and the bottom of his sleeves nearly caught fire. They got a good laugh about that.