Chapter 11 - Excuse You

Ivy and Regulus were sitting at the Slytherin Table in the Great Hall, laughing and eating sandwiches for lunch. Ivy hadn't sat at the Gryffindor Table since the start of the year and it was starting to annoy the Marauders, especially Sirius and James. 

"At least she's not getting into trouble anymore," Peter stated when he noticed both James and Sirius glance at the Slytherin Table again.

"Yeah I get that, but now she's ignoring us," James replied, rolling his eyes and turning back to his food.

"She's ignoring you two," Remus said to James and Sirius. "I saw her yesterday in the library and she was fine."

"Right, I don't understand why she's ignoring me," Sirius said and glanced back at the Slytherin Table, seeing Ivy talking to Regulus. "Wait, no I see it."

"Ivy told me what happened and honestly it was kind of stupid on what you said. You know what you can do?" Remus asked James.

"What?"

"Apologise." James groaned slightly, probably hoping for a better answer. "And go talk to her." 

"She's not going to talk first," Peter stated.

"And neither am I." James crossed his arms stubbornly.

"Wasn't there something you wanted to tell her?" Sirius questioned. "Maybe you should tell her and they'll be another competition between both of you and everything will be back to normal."

James grinned. "You're right, and I don't think Slytherin has had tryouts yet." He stood up and walked over to the Slytherin Table.

Ivy saw him and quickly looked away, continuing her conversation with Regulus. James sighed and slowly sat down across from them.

"Um..." James started. "Hi?" 

"Hi," Ivy replied and continued eating. James sighed. 

"Has Slytherin had Quidditch tryouts yet?" He asked and her eyes lit up. She turned to Regulus.

"Have we?" 

Regulus shrugged. "I don't know, I can't try out anyway."

"Right, first-year." Ivy sighed and looked back at her brother. "I don't think so, why?" James grinned slightly.

"Well, Gryffindor had tryouts and guess who's the new Chaser?" Ivy stayed quiet then grinned at him.

"Really?! You're the new Chaser?!" She asked excitedly. James nodded. "That's great?! How were the brooms?!"

"They're not too bad. But could be much better."

"Oh, can you imagine if we could use a Nimbus 1700?!"

It was almost like they were never mad at each other, and this made Regulus very confused. Weren't they fighting and giving each other the silent treatment a few minutes ago? This is what fights were normally like between the Potter twins, whenever they would get into an argument or fight, they would ignore each other for as long as they can. Sometimes it would be really short, other times it would be really long as both of them were very stubborn. 

Then one of them would go up to the other and say something that wasn't related to what they were fighting about and the fight was never mentioned again. Their longest fight had lasted a day. 

"So since Gryffindor have had tryouts and Slytherin hasn't..." James started and grinned slowly. "That means that I made it onto a Quidditch Team before you did... so..." Ivy's jaw dropped and she gasped.

"No! Don't say it!" She interrupted. 

"So... I win," She let out a loud and dramatic groan, making her brother laugh.