Chapter 13 - Hide Her Nerves

Ivy piled her plate with food and ignored the looks everyone was giving her. It was the morning of the first Quidditch Match and she tried to hide her nerves by eating a big breakfast. Regulus raised an eyebrow at the amount of food that was on the plate.

"Are you sure you're going to finish that?" He asked, pointing to the toast and eggs and sausages on her plate. Ivy grabbed her fork and nodded, she started eating slowly. 

"Yes," she swallowed a bit of the egg and sighed. Now she felt sick, but she forced herself to continue eating. 

"If you're up there, and you puke, then they will have an actual reason to kick you off the team." Ivy gave him a look and Regulus shrugged.

She groaned and tugged on her green Quidditch robes. "I know, but I need energy as well."  

"Look," Regulus pointed to the Gryffindor table.  Ivy looked to where he was pointing. The Gryffindor Quidditch Team were all sitting together in the middle of the Gryffindor table, wearing their bright red and gold robes. She spotted James, messing up his hair, something he would always do when he's nervous. He was sitting at the end of the Quidditch team, next to the Marauders of course. Sirius, Remus and Peter were talking to him, but James kept shaking his head. 

"Ha, he's nervous as well," Ivy said, somewhat pleased that she wasn't the only one. A part of her envied how James had a large amount of support from his house, though she would never admit it.

"Why aren't you sitting with the Quidditch team?"

"Because the team hate me." 

"Oh right," Ivy sighed and started eating again. The sausages she was eating weren't as pleasing as they were before. "Hey, Ives?" Regulus continued to ask and she placed her fork down, sighing with disappointment.

"Yeah?"

"How come James has a broom and you don't?" 

Ivy looked at the Gryffindor table again and sure enough, James had a broom. But not any broom, his broom... from home... She hated that broom. Only because it was his and not hers. "Mine broke on the last day of summer, James' is one of the fastest brooms in the world," Ivy explained and Regulus' eyes widened with excitement.

"Really?? What type?" 

"A Nimbus 1500," Ivy said proudly, even though she wished it could be hers. "He gets a Nimbus 1500 and I get a crappy, old, school broom." She said bitterly and rolled her eyes. How was she going to beat him if he was using his own broom? She was even more determined to beat him now, especially since it was partially his fault that her broom was broken.

Regulus chuckled. "How did your broom break?" 

Ivy opened her mouth to answer but someone slammed their hand on the table, causing the two young Slytherins and the people around them to jump. Ivy looked up and sighed with disappointment. It was the Slytherin captain, Steven Dodds. She let out a sigh of annoyance. 

"Let's go, Potter, the match is starting in ten minutes." He stated and Ivy's eyes widened. She stared at him and the rest of the team that hovered over her. 

"W-What?"

The team walked out of the Great Hall without her. Ivy sighed and stood up, "I'll see you after the game." She said to Regulus and he nodded.

"Good luck!" He shouted after her as she raced out of the Great Hall. 

Ivy made sure to choose her own broom this time. A broom that was in perfect condition. She could hear students entering the bleachers. She glanced out the door and saw a valley of red and green, almost like Christmas, just not as friendly as Christmas. Hey, Christmas is coming up. Ivy remembered and walked back into the changing rooms. It was a shame she couldn't go to Hogsmeade to buy the Marauders and her parents' gifts.