Chapter 3 - Introduce Me

Ivy learned to enjoy being in Slytherin. She often got in trouble, which meant Slytherin would lose points. By the first week, Ivy had already lost 90 points for Slytherin, though she was aiming for a hundred.

Her relationship with James didn't change, especially with all the teasing. It was quite normal to see James yelling across the corridor, "Watch out everyone! A seriously evil Slytherin is coming!" when Ivy walked past.

Sometimes Ivy would yell, "Make way for your unworthy hero in Gryffindor!" So really, nearly everyone could tell the two were related... and shared a weird relationship.

Ivy enjoyed Hogwarts, just like her parents told her she would, even if she wasn't in a Gryffindor. Though she hadn't made any friends, the girls in her dormitory were too annoying and preppy for her liking. So they were out of the picture. Instead of making friends or socialising, Ivy would most likely go to the library for some peace and quiet.

And that's what she was doing. Ivy looked through all the books, she had always been interested in Astronomy, but they couldn't do that until third year. Transfiguration was interesting, but James was better at that then she was.

She froze. Wait... James was not better than her in Transfiguration, was he? Ivy sighed with annoyance and immediately stormed to the Transfiguration section.

She searched through all the books, trying to find the hardest one. Well, for a first year. One book caught her eye, one on the top shelf. Ivy reached for it and sighed with annoyance.

"Oh come on..." Ivy stood on her tippy-toes. Her fingers could only brush against the book she needed. Suddenly, she slipped, screamed and was about to fall down when a pair of arms caught her before she could hit the floor.

"Um... thank you, but who is this?" Ivy asked, tensing.

"Sorry." The person apologised, chuckling and let her go.

She turned around and saw a boy with brown hair, green eyes and faded scars on his face. He was in Gryffindor and first-year. Like James,

"Sorry I was trying to get that book-" Ivy explained and pointed to the book she wanted.

"This one? You know there's a stool right here right?" The boy grabbed the stool beside them, stood on it and grabbed the book she wanted. He gave it to her and smiled.

"Oh really? I-I knew that... thank you." She grabbed the book and sighed. He chuckled.

"My name's Remus by the way." The boy introduced himself.

"Ivy Potter." Ivy shook Remus's hand.

"James's sister?"

"Yeah."

"Really? No offense, but you look so different-"

"Probably because I'm a girl." She said in a duh tone.

Remus smiled, "Yeah, I've kind of figured that out."

Ivy laughed and continued. "And I'm obviously better looking then he is-"

"I'm not going to answer that..." Remus said. "I think James will probably kill me if I do."

Ivy smiled. "Yeah probably."

The two laughed and sighed.

"Are you one of James's friend?" Ivy asked.

"Yeah, I am." Remus nodded.

"Huh, James has friends... then why don't I know you?"

"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Wouldn't James introduce us or something?"

"Yeah..."

"And how come I don't see you around?" Remus asked then spotted the snake on her chest. "Ah, never mind..."

"Yep. Slytherin." Ivy sighed. "I don't go around killing people if that's what you're wondering."

He laughed. He checked his watch and sighed. "Of course not, um... I need to go, I'll see you later, Ivy."

"Bye! Say hi to James for me!" Remus smiled and walked out of the library, Ivy smiled and sighed.

That weekend, Ivy walked to the Great Hall. It was pretty empty, with only a few people here and there. She recognized three people sitting in a group of four at the Gryffindor Table. She smiled and walked up to them.

"Hey, James," Ivy said, James looked up and smiled. She sat down beside him and looked at the three other boys: Sirius, Remus and a mouse-like boy she didn't recognize.

"Hi Ives, how are you?" James asked.

"Great, you have friends? How did you get friends?" She smiled innocently.

"Um... yeah I have friends, why?"

"Well introduce me, I am your sister after all."

"That's your sister?" The mouse-like boy asked. "She's so-"

"Much better looking then he is? Yeah, I know." James snorted.

"Yeah right. Guys this is my sister Ivy, Ivy these are my friends." James introduced.

"Well, names would be better, Jamie. I know Remus-"

"How do you know Remus?"

"We met in the library." Remus and Ivy said in unison. They looked at each other and smiled.

"I don't know him," Ivy pointed at the other boy again then at Sirius. "And I obviously haven't met this one here, who are you?"

Sirius chuckled and smirked. "Sirius Black." He held out his hand and she smiled, before shaking it.

"Ah, that's your name! I had no idea who you were, and I wonder how my brother could get good-looking friends like you."

"I was paid," Sirius said simply. Ivy laughed and they smiled.

"We're eleven. We're eleven. We can't date people yet." James muttered over and over again while hitting his head on the table.

"James you're going to get a concussion," Ivy stated disapprovingly. James
stopped and rolled his eyes. "Anyway, who's this?" She looked at the mouse-like boy and smiled.

"I'm Peter. Peter Pettigrew." Ivy smiled and shook Peter's hand.

"So now that I know everyone, James why didn't you introduce me before?"

"Why does it matter? It must have slipped from my mind or something..." James said and sighed. "Well guess what I have friends! Surprise."

"Alright you have friends and I don't." Ivy forced a smile and sighed. James frowned and looked at her.

"What-"

"Anyway, did you know that Transfiguration has the largest number of restrictions placed upon it?"

James frowned and looked at his twin. "How the bloody hell do you know that?"

"I've been reading. You know, the library, books."

Ivy looked at Remus and winked at him, making him smile and chuckle in response.