Chapter 7 - Nice Name

Ivy poured the milk into her cereal and sighed, picking up her spoon and starting to eat. She didn't mind being by herself, but being by herself at the Slytherin table was another thing. Ashley, Amber and Abigail sat near her and started their own conversation.

Ivy sighed and tried to block out their giggles and annoying voices. She groaned and stood up. Grabbing her bowl of cereal, she walked over to the Gryffindor Table and sat down beside Peter with Sirius and James on the other side.

"Hey Ivy!" Peter greeted but she immediately shushed him and looked around, making sure no teachers had seen her.

"Shush, I'm not here," Ivy said quickly, still looking around. James and Sirius looked up and frowned. Eventually, when she was sure no teachers had seen her, she turned to them. "Hi guys, I thought I'd come and sit here, it's kind of boring at the Slytherin Table," Ivy explained and started eating her cereal.

"Okay then..." James said and chuckled then continued eating. Sirius and Peter glanced at each other then shrugged and also continued eating.

Ivy glanced around and frowned. "Where's Remus?"

"His mum is sick so he said he had to go home," Sirius explained. She frowned even more.

"Oh, okay..." She mumbled then started eating.

Once Ivy had finished her breakfast, she and James started a conversation about the new giant tree in the courtyard that constantly thrashed around when people go near it when Professor McGonagall walked past the Gryffindor Table. James kicked Ivy's leg from under the table to get her attention.

"Ow! What was that for?" Ivy scolded him. James pointed behind her and she turned around. Her eyes widened and she quickly, without thinking, ducked underneath the table. The boys coughed and continued eating, trying to act normal.

Professor McGonagall looked at them suspiciously and raised an eyebrow. "What are you three up to?"

"Us? Up to something?" James scoffed and faked a laugh. "Of course not."

"Why would we?" Peter added and looked at the professor innocently.

McGonagall sighed then said, "Ms Potter, get out from underneath the table."

"Professor, this is James. As in Mr Potter, not Ms Potter, and he is not underneath the table." Sirius stated and pointed at James, who glared at him slightly in response.

"I'm very much aware of that Mr Black, I was talking about Ivy Potter, not James Potter. I know she is underneath the table."

Ivy sighed and slowly got up from under the table. She sat in between Sirius and James then looked up at McGonagall. "Hello Professor! Fancy seeing you here!" Ivy said in a fake, cheerful voice. "What brings you here on this fine morning?"

"Ms Potter, you're meant to be sitting at the Slytherin table, not the Gryffindor table."

"Is there a specific rule that says I can't sit at the Gryffindor table?" Ivy asked.

"Yes,"

"But what if I don't like the Slytherin table? What if I just need to spend time with my brother." She changed her expression into a sad one and put an arm around James, hugging him. "We are twins you know and we haven't been this apart in a very long time. We need to be with each other for most of the time."

James looked at her weirdly at first, but after she nudged him in the stomach he got the idea and hugged her back. "Exactly." He said and nodded. "She loves me too much."

"Okay," Ivy pushed him away. "But I hope you've got the idea, Professor." The twins smiled at her and McGonagall sighed.

"Ms Potter, I know you are close to your brother but you must go back to the Slytherin table."