Chapter 9 - It's Complicated

Over the next few days, Regulus and Ivy got to know each other and she discovered that he was indeed Sirius' brother and was apart of his family's pure-blood mania, well sort of anyway. They had just started being friends and Regulus was rather quiet when it came to his family.

The two were heading to the Great Hall, talking and laughing at each other. Ivy found it funny, how sometimes when you forget about blood-status, it starts to not matter as much anymore. A few Slytherins from older years were heading their way, Ivy recognised them as Bellatrix, Narcissa and Andromeda Black along with Lucius Malfoy and more Slytherin boys. They were all heading Regulus and Ivy's way.

"Um... I forgot my book in the classroom, I'm going to go get it." Ivy said to Regulus and started to walk off. Regulus nodded and waved at her as she disappeared down the corridors and away from the other Slytherins. Ivy turned around the corner, only to run into Peter.

"Hey! Haven't seen you in a while." Peter stated and Ivy smiled at him.

"Oh yeah - um... I saw you yesterday." She replied.

"Yeah I know but you didn't talk with us that much."

"Oh, sorry."

"Anyway, where are you off to?" Ivy looked behind her then back at him.

"I was going to get my book from the classroom - actually no, that was a lie. Where are the rest of the Marauders?"

"They're in this classroom, setting up a prank. They asked me to keep an eye for out any teachers." Peter explained and Ivy grinned suddenly. He narrowed his eyes at her. "Are you okay?"

Ivy nodded. "I have an idea." She cleared her throat then in a loud yet strict voice, she said. "Mr Pettigrew! What are you doing?"

Shuffling was heard inside the classroom and Peter stared at her. "Um... nothing Professor. Nothing at all."

"Right... and you wouldn't have any idea where Mr Potter, Mr Black and Mr Lupin are, do you?"

"No, of course not..." Ivy slowly started moving to the door and placed her hand on the doorknob.

"And they wouldn't be in this classroom, would they?" She said loudly and leaned against the door. More shuffling and muffled voices were heard.

"No..."

"And if I were to go into this classroom, I would not find them. Correct?" Ivy grabbed the doorknob and turned it slowly.

"Yes! Definitely correct!" Peter nodded quickly as if it was actually Professor McGonagall that was there instead of Ivy.

"Very well. But I must set up the classroom because I have a class in here!!" With that, Ivy swung the door open and looked inside. It was empty and dark. The desks were pushed up against the walls and Ivy spotted James' messy hair.

"Hang on, it's just Ivy!" Sirius yelled and emerged from behind the stack chairs.

"Hi!" Ivy waved and smiled innocently at him. "Did you like my Professor McGonagall impression? I think it scared all three of you!"

"Nah, we weren't fooled," James stated and flicked his hand at her. Ivy raised an eyebrow. Remus came out of his hiding space too.

"Of course you weren't. So, what prank did you set up?"

"Just a few dungbombs here and there." James walked over to her and placed a dungbomb in her hand, a grin on his face.

"More like everywhere," Remus said and looked around.

"Fun," Ivy said and threw the dungbomb in the air then caught it again. "Did you guys finish?"

"Not really, since we thought Professor McGonagall was coming," Sirius answered, he glared at Ivy jokingly. She laughed at his expression. "Want to help?"