Chapter 17 - Stupid Brothers

Ivy banged on the bathroom door with her clenched fists. "Come on, James!! Hurry up!" She yelled, frustrated at her brother. 

"In a minute!" James yelled back through the door, "use your own bathroom!" 

"I can't! I left my brush in that bathroom and I need it!" 

"Well just wait!"

"James!" Ivy banged on the door multiple times again and groaned loudly. "You've been in there for ten minutes, can you just hurry up! What are you even doing in there anyway?!" 

The door opened finally and James stepped out, shoving Ivy's purple hairbrush in her hands. He closed the door again. Ivy rolled her eyes and walked back to her room. She sat in front of her mirror and took her hair tie out of her hair. Stupid brothers. She thought as she brushed her hair. She would do anything for a sister. Why couldn't she have a twin sister instead? 

Something squelched near her hand. Ivy frowned then looked at her brush. Green slime covered the base of it. She grabbed the part of her hair that she just brushed and her eyes widened in horror. 

"JAMES!!" 

Ivy tried to pull the bright green slime out of her hair but the slime was making her hair stick together and to her hand. James ran into her room and raised an eyebrow. 

"Yes?" He asked innocently and smirked. She glared and threw her brush at him as hard as she could. James jumped out of the way and yelled, "Mum! Ivy threw her brush at me!" 

Ivy's eyes widened and she ran out of the room. "What?! No! Mum he put slime in my brush! I have slime in my hair-" 

James narrowed his eyes at her. "You threw a brush at me, you could have seriously injured-" 

"Oh shut up!" 

"James! Ivy! What's going on?" Euphemia walked up the stairs and raised an eyebrow at her children. "You know we can't waste any time, we have to get going soon otherwise we'll miss the train-" 

"James put slime in my hair!" Ivy shouted, pointing at James. 

"Ivy threw her brush at me!" James yelled, pointing back. 

The Potter twins started to scream over the top of each other. Euphemia put her hands up and tried to interrupt them but neither of the twins were listening.  "James!! Ivy!! Stop yelling and explain what happened!"

"James pranked me and now there's slime stuck in my hair." Ivy explained, still glaring at James with hatred. 

"Well yeah," James shrugged and rolled his eyes. "But then she threw her brush at me." 

"Ivy!" Euphemia scolded and Ivy gasped.  James smirked triumphantly.

"He pranked me!!" 

"That is still no excuse to throw something at him." 

"That's not fair!" She argued but after the look her mother gave her, she decided to be quiet. Euphemia Potter could be scary when she wanted to. 

"And James don't prank your sister, especially this morning!" James' smirk faded, "you know we have to go to King's Cross in less than an hour. Apologise to Ivy."  

"What?" James questioned,

"James." 

"It was a harmless prank-" 

"James!"

James signed in defeat and turned to Ivy, crossing his arms. "Sorry Ives," 

Ivy crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "Whatever."