Chapter 10 - It Doesn't Matter

Ivy and Regulus walked outside and to the courtyard when Sirius ran up to them, grinning. "Hey Ivy-" His grin faded when he spotted Regulus, but he forced a small smile. "Oh... Hi Reg..."

"Hi Sirius," Regulus replied and nodded. Silence fell between the two brothers and Ivy looked between the two awkwardly. She coughed and turned to Sirius.

"Um... what's up, Sirius?" Ivy asked, bringing her books closer to her chest. Sirius turned away from Regulus and looked at her.

"Oh, James said that the first one to hex Snivellus would have to come find you." Ivy frowned and tilted her head.

"The first one to hex Snivellus would have to come get me? Why?"

Sirius shrugged. "I don't know, maybe he wanted to see you but just didn't want to admit it."

Ivy let out a laugh and nodded. "Yeah probably."

"Who's Snivellus?" Regulus asked, looking at the two of them.

"Snape." They said in unison.

"Snape? Like Severus Snape?"

"Yep," Ivy said again.

"Why do you guys call him Snivellus?"

"Because he's a stupid git that's why," Sirius stated and shrugged. Regulus opened his mouth to say something but then thought against it, closing his mouth again. "Anyway, so are you coming or-"

"What's taking you so long?!" James ran up to them and yelled. He looked at Regulus and narrowed his eyes slightly. "Oh... hello."

"Um... hello?" Regulus replied with uncertainty and Ivy resisted the urge to facepalm since she knew what James was going to do.

"I'm James. James Potter. Ivy's twin brother. And you must be Regulus? Right? Regulus Black?" James asked quickly and Regulus stared at him. 

"Uh... yes." 

"Are you the one that called my sister a blood-traitor?"

"James," Ivy said, giving him a warning look. Regulus' eyes widened and he took a small step back.

"I-I... well... um... m-maybe. B-But my cousin called your family blood-traitors and-"

"Our family?" James repeated, crossing his arms and now glaring at Regulus slightly. "You mean our whole family?"

"I-I didn't say that. I mean, I didn't say that I called your family blood-traitors... I-I only called-"

"Regulus." Ivy started again. "You might want to stop now."

"No, it's okay Ivy," James said and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Who did you call a blood-traitor, Regulus?" 

"Um..."

"It doesn't matter." Ivy interrupted, glaring at James slightly.

"Yes, it does." Regulus looked at the two of them and took a step back.  

"Where are you going Regulus?" James asked before Regulus could walk off. 

"Um... nowhere." 

"Listen Black. I know what you called my sister and my family and if I hear that you call any of us blood-traitors then I will hex you until you're sorry." James threatened and grabbed his wand, pointing it at Regulus. Regulus gulped and nodded furiously.

"James! That's enough!!" Ivy yelled and pushed James away from Regulus. She glanced at Regulus and Sirius then sighed, turning back to her brother. "What are you doing?!"

"What? He called you a blood-traitor." James stated. "It's not right you know-"

"Yeah, I know! But he said he was sorry already, okay? So leave him alone."

"Ivy, you heard what Sirius said! He's no good, he's like the rest of their family!"

"Sirius turned alright, why is Regulus any different?" Ivy asked and crossed her arms. James glanced behind her at Sirius and Regulus then sighed.

"Sirius is a Gryffindor, Regulus is in Slytherin," James stated. Ivy's eyes widened and she raised an eyebrow at him.

"So you don't trust him because he's a Slytherin?" Ivy repeated and James was about to nod but then he stopped.

"I don't mean it like that." She ignored him and turned to Regulus and Sirius, who had stopped their conversation.

"Come on Regulus," Ivy stated, walking up to him. "Let's just go somewhere else. Away from annoying brothers."

"Yeah, good idea," Regulus answered, looking at Sirius. James and Sirius glanced at each other. Ivy nodded and the two Slytherins walked back inside the castle. 

"So was your brother annoying you too?" Ivy asked Regulus. Regulus nodded.

"Yeah, you could say that." He answered. "Where are we going?"

She shrugged. "Library? Slytherin Common Room?"

"Slytherin Common Room? Why would you want to go there?" A voice called out in a mocking voice and they turned around. It was Holly. The girl smirked. "Regulus, I understand, but you Ivy? I'm surprised you're not with your stupid Gryffindor friends."

"Why do you care about my stupid Gryffindor friends?" Ivy replied and raised an eyebrow. "And at least I have friends, where are your sneaky, little Slytherin friends?"

"They're coming."

"Great, bother them instead." Ivy narrowed her eyes then walked off. Regulus glanced at her then back at Holly.

"Well go follow her then. The blood-traitor." Holly said to her younger cousin and nodded to where Ivy had walked off. Regulus sighed. Ivy heard her but instead of storming back she hid behind the wall where she could just hear them.

"You know her brother nearly killed me," Regulus stated. "Because he found out that I called her a Blood-Traitor." Ivy rolled her eyes then walked off, however she missed out the most important information. 

"Well that doesn't matter besides, you know what happens to your brother. You don't want to end up like him."