Chapter 12 - Not Going to Bother

Ivy smiled widely when she looked at her timetable. Potions, not with Gryffindor unfortunately, but Potions was still fun. It was one of the subjects that Ivy actually understood and she had pride, knowing that she was third in the class. Below Lily Evans and Severus Snape, that part annoyed her. Just like she had beaten all those boys on the Quidditch team, she was determined to beat Snivellus Snape too. Lily Evans wasn't that bad and Ivy couldn't hate her because James was slightly in love with her, however, all Ivy received from the Gryffindor girl was dirty looks because Ivy and James had teased Snape endlessly.

Ivy walked into the Potions classroom and sat at the back, where she always was. As everyone started to walk in, Ivy now just wanted it to be over, even if it was her favourite subject. She just wanted to go to Quidditch Practise that afternoon then hand out with Regulus or the Marauders before dinner.

"Hey Potter," Ivy turned around and much to her surprise, saw Amber Greene, the beautiful girl that made every man turn their heads, the girl that was in her dormitory and could make anyone do anything for her. Amber sat beside her and flicked her long brown hair out of her face.

Ivy frowned. "Hi?"

"Are you friends with Sirius Black?" She asked and Ivy frowned even more.

"Why...?"

"Because I want you to get me a date with him."

Ivy scoffed and stifled her laughter. Professor Slughorn started teaching the class, some people glanced at Ivy but then turned back to the front. Amber raised an eyebrow at her and Ivy stopped.

"Are you serious?" She asked and Amber frowned with confusion.

"No, I'm talking about Si-"

"Oh please don't. " Ivy stated and groaned silently. She took out her quill and parchment then started writing. "Really, first my brother and now Sirius-"

"Oh come on! I just want you to convince him to ask me out."

"Why would I do that for you?"

Amber bit her lip and smirked innocently. She leaned closer to her and whispered. "Because I can make your life terrible. Me, Ashley and Abigail can make anyone turn against you. So, convince Sirius Black to go on a date with me and we won't bother you again." 

Amber went back to writing down the notes on the board and Ivy sighed with annoyance. This was insane. Yeah, she knew that Sirius is like the most attractive person in their year but it wasn't her fault that every girl stared at him during class. Besides, Sirius was too good for her. "Okay, I highly doubt that. Also, everyone in our house kinda hates me anyway... so there really is no point and why can't you ask him yourself? And finally, why, for the love of Merlin, can't you date someone else?"

"Because no one here is good enough for me. I have standards, Potter, unlike some people." Amber looked Ivy up and down and she glared at her slightly. "So get me that date or I will ruin your life. You have until the end of the term."

Amber turned away from her and faced the front, now listening to Professor Slughorn's lecture. Ivy glanced down at her pieces of parchment, a thoughtful look on her face. She finally came to a conclusion, Amber was bluffing and Ivy wasn't going to bother. The Marauders probably had other things to worry about that wasn't stupid, Slytherin girls anyway.

~~~~

Ivy sighed and ran her hand through her hair. She was just exiting the Quidditch Pitch and she was sure she was sweating from head to toe. She adjusted her bag to her shoulder because she didn't have time to put it away in her dormitory. But she also didn't want to run into Ashley, Abigail and especially Amber, considering what happened in their Potions class that morning. The cool breeze blew gently as she looked around. She walked over to the tree and faced the Black Lake view. The Marauders weren't there yet but someone called her name, making her smile widely and turn around.