1 • the news

Your pov;

*ring ring*

"Ugh, shut up." I groaned as I rolled around on my bed.

*ring ring*

"My god, stupid alarm," I mumbled as I pushed it off the bedside table.

Today's the last day of school and I am already looking forward to the day ahead of me as I am seeing my friends and boyfriend, Alex.

I got my ugly ass out of bed with my head held low as I tiredly walked to the bathroom.

I rinsed my face before grabbing a hairbrush and running it through my knots. I gazed at myself in the mirror and eyed my frizzy hair. I let out a frustrated huff then grabbed my straightener from the cupboard and turned it on.

After I finished my hair, I put on my favourite blue mum jeans, a white crop top and white air nikes.

I made my way downstairs, skipping down each step, making sure to not trip over.

"Morning," my mum beamed as I walked into the kitchen.

"Morning." I smiled softly.

"Are you excited for the last day?" she questioned.

"Of course." I sat down at the table and began eating the breakfast mum had made me.

I noticed some fidgeting in front of me so I looked up through my lashes and saw my mum pacing around. She looked... nervous?

I furrowed my eyebrows and shrugged it off, bringing my attention back to my breakfast.

"Um honey," I heard her hesitant voice speak up quietly.

"Yeah?" I responded curiously as I looked up at her again.

"Well..." she began. "I don't know how to say this but-"

Her talking came to a halt and I grew impatient as I motioned for her to continue.

"We are moving." She breathed out as she tried to avoid my hard stare.

"What?!" I practically shouted as I stood up with anger.

"Look, y/n... it's for the best. I have been offered a new job and I took it." Her arms dropped at her sides.

I scoffed. "Yeah well I was having a great day until you ruined it," I growled through gritted teeth as I stormed out of the house.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Welcome to my first book!
I hope you all enjoy itttt :)

- Chloe 🥀