3 • leaving australia

Your pov:

I am currently in bed and a complete mess. Tissues are scattered all over my bed from all of my crying and I let out a huff at the untidiness.

I got up off my bed and fixed myself up to look somewhat alive.

Today, well tonight, my family and I have a flight at 9:15pm to America; a place way too far from Australia.

I went to my empty bathroom and took a quick shower.

I got out and dried myself before going to my wardrobe to grab some clothes, now realising that it is in fact empty.

"Great," I mumbled to myself as I exited my room and went downstairs with only a towel wrapped around me.

I grabbed some clothes and makeup from one of my large suitcases before running back upstairs and changing into something comfortable.

I heard someone call for me from downstairs and I let out an annoyed huff.

"What?" I shouted back.

"Someone's at the door! Now get your annoying ass down here," the person said; I immediately recognised the voice and rolled my eyes as I made my way downstairs.

"Move," I snarled at Jake, a smug smile tugged on his lips as he looked down at me.

"No thanks, I'm good here."

I rolled my eyes and pushed him out of the way to open the door.

A smile made it's way onto my lips when I saw Alex, Bailey, Kate and Lily stood there with beaming smiles.

"Surprise!" they all shouted in unison.

"Hey," I hugged each of my friends before approaching Alex.

"You look hot in those sweatpants," he whispered in my ear, my eyes rolling playfully.

"Why thank you," I said loudly to piss off Jake, which worked as he started gagging, Bailey joining in with him.

I flipped them off. "Guys, this is my last time ever seeing my boyfriend. So shut the hell up!"

"Soon to be ex because we're moving," Jake winked at me.

I gave him a death glare and continued talking with my best friends that I probably won't ever see again.

~

It has been about five hours since all of my friends arrived. This was the last time seeing them; god I was going to miss them, a lot.
During these five hours we went shopping, watched a movie and chilled.

It was now 5:30pm and we have to leave for the airport in about forty minutes.
I felt my eyes begin to water; I love when my my emotions take over.

"Hey y/n, we better get going," Lily said, touching my shoulder, making me flinch as my tears started to grow heavier, almost making my face look like a waterfall.

"You alright?" Everyone frowned.

"It's- just- I-I'm going to miss you guys a-a lot," I said choking on my sobs, trying to slow down my heavy breathing.

All of my friends pouted, their eyes growing watery as they walked towards me, pulling me into a big group hug.

~

We were at the front of the airport ready to go in. I was with my mum and dad, Jake, Alex, Lily, Bailey, Kate and some other friends from school.

I had left the house ten minutes ago and it took me at least ten minutes to step out of the house. I missed it so much already.

"This is it," I said, almost about to cry again as I glanced at my friends.

"Yeah..." they all whispered in sync, tears streaming down their faces.

We all pulled each other into a another tight group hug, each sobbing into each other's arms.

After about twenty minutes of hugging and crying I realised it was time to go as my family were only waiting for me now.

"Bye," I said crying onto Alex's shoulder, my arms around his neck while he had his arms around my waist tightly.

"I love you so much, you know that right?" Alex said pulling away so he could look into my eyes.

I looked back into his ocean orbs. "Yes I do, and just know that I love you too right? Just remember I'll never forget you," I said honestly.

He smiled. "And remember I'll never forget you. One day I'll try my best to visit you in America, okay?"

I nodded, a sad smile on my face.
Alex started to lean forward and soon placed his lips on mine, making me smile more.

This kiss was different. It wasn't just a goodbye and last kiss, it was a more passionate kiss, a kiss we've never experienced before.

"Bye," Alex whispered, leaning his forehead on mine as he pulled away from the kiss.

"Bye," I whispered back.

I tried to control my emotions as Alex and I have officially broken up from long distance.

My family and I walked into the airport, still sobbing, Jake making sure to comfort me.

I'll never forget about this place.
It is my first home after all.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••