6 • new school

Your pov:

I woke up in the morning so jet lagged and tired. I realised it was my first day of school today and I immediately wanted to die. Last time I went to school I had friends and a boyfriend, and also lived in Australia.

Now I'm automatically here.

I get up and get changed into a crop white shirt, blue washed mom jeans and white air nikes, not forgetting to brush my hair and add mascara.

I ran downstairs and said hello to everyone, a tired expression still noticeable on my face.
"Morning fam," I smiled.

My mum and dad laughed softly.
"Morning love, here's your bacon and eggs," my dad said as he passed me the plate.

"Thanks," I muttered, grabbing the plate and sitting down next to Jake.
"How's your girlfriend coping?"

"We broke up," Jake huffed.

"Oh, whoops sorry," I bit my lip, trying to
stifle a laugh.

"It's not your fault and plus how do we stay together if we are miles and miles away from each other," he said with a sarcastic expression as I shrugged, digging into my breakfast.

~

"See ya mum, see ya dad," I said hugging them before walking outside.

"Good luck at your new school!" I heard their muffled voices shout in sync as I closed the front door.

I hopped into Jake's car with a huff.
I don't know how Jake got a car. It's only our first day here and he already has one. I suppose he has the money but owning an Audi R8 is pretty insane.

As soon as I got into the car, Jake smirked.
"What?" I said with furrowed eyebrows.

"Oh nothing, it's just you know girls love a man with a nice car, so just you wait and see how many are going to approach me," he said as he winked. "I'm going to get all of them," he smugly spoke as he backed out of the driveway.

I rolled my eyes with a laugh. "Sure," I scoffed, the car speeding down the road.

Jake and I both enter the school car park in his new car, many students' gazes immediately landing on us as we pull in. We parked near a group of people, soon hopping out as Jake hugged me goodbye before leaving to go to a group of people.

We only just arrived and he's already made friends.

Happy first day of school for me.

I sighed as I walked to the front doors of the school, a exciting voice speaking from behind me as I stopped on my tracks.
"Hi!"

I turn around and come face to face with a girl with long wavy brown hair and blue eyes.
"Uh hi?" I said, growing slightly confused.

"Oh," she laughed awkwardly. "My name is Abbi," she said, pulling out her hand for me to shake.

"Hi," I smiled as I shook her hand.

"You the new girl?" she questioned.

"Yep, that's me," I laughed nervously.

"Well, hello new girl. I have a feeling we are going to be good friends," she said as she grabbed my arm. "What's your name?"

"Y/n."

"Pretty name," she smiled as her blue eyes glistened.

"Thank you?" I said more as a question, a chuckle leaving her lips as she dragged me to the front office to collect my padlock, timetable and locker number.

We soon exited the office, her legs coming to a halt as she looked at my timetable.
"Oh my god, we have all the same classes together!" she practically screamed as she glanced at me with wide eyes.

"Except for one," I breathed a laugh.

"Oh, right," she laughed shyly as we approached my locker and packed it, soon breaking down into another walk to our period one class.

As we were walking I bumped into this boy.
"Shit, sorry," I said with wide eyes, looking up at the tall, attractive boy.

He just gave me a smirk as he continued walking with his big group of friends.

"Uh, who's that?" I questioned, watching him walk away.

Abbi immediately rolled her eyes. "Ugh, he's the most popular boy in our school. He's a massive fuckboy and he's been with almost every girl in our year," she snarled as she glared at him.

"What's his name?" I questioned with furrowed brows.

"Please don't tell me you are already interested in him. But his name is Joey. Joey Birlem."

"What? I only just met him, Abbi," I breathed a laugh, my head shaking with raised eyebrows.

"Nevermind," she sighed. "I used to have a massive crush on him. He also found out about it as well, so he asked me out. But you see that was all fake, his friends and girlfriend-"

"Girlfriend?" I said, cutting her off dumbfounded, my eyebrows furrowing.

How could a player like him have a girlfriend without cheating on her 24/7?

"Yeah," she sighed, continuing her story from before. "But anyway, they dared him to ask me out-"

"What?!" I interrupted her once again, my anger growing.

"Look y/n, it's fine-"

"No it's not! They are just tools and selfish, let me guess, his girl is a slut?" I said with a raised eyebrow.

She sighed with a smile. "She sure is. Let's get to class," she said, gesturing towards the long hallway with classrooms.

I'm going to be totally honest.
Joey is a very hot guy but I know I can't fall for a guy like him. He'll just hurt me.

Plus, he hurt my new friend. Anyone who ever hurts a friend of mine has to go through me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••