10 • assignment partners

Your pov:

I was in the car on the way to school with Jake. It was a quiet drive on the way, my eyes taking in all the surroundings on California.

"We're here bro," Jake joked as he pulled into the school car park.

"Since when was I your bro, Jake?" I said, raising a eyebrow.

"Since now bro," he smirked slightly before hopping out of his car.

I rolled my eyes playfully as I hopped out of the car, stepping into day two of this new school.

"Hey bestie!" Abbi beamed once I entered the school halls for year 10's.

"Hey girl," I said, dragging out the 'l'.

"So, any news?" she smirked.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my stuff out of my locker. "No."

"Ok then, but I did see you and Zach a bit close yesterday, plus your brother has the hottest friends!" she exclaimed, completely changing the topic in within one second.

"We are just friends ok?" I said giving her a look. "And yeah, he does have some hot friends," I giggled.

"Especially Justin," she smirked.

I smirked slightly as I looked ahead.
I mean, she wasn't lying.

~

"You're late miss y/l/n," my teacher said shaking her head in disappointment.

"Sorry," I apologised as I made my way to the back of the class.

Joey and all of his friends, besides Zach, were smirking at me as they looked me up and down.

Typical f-boys.

Zach is the only one who treats a girl like a lady for crying out loud.

"Hey Zach," I said, sitting besides Joey as I completely ignored him.

I felt Joey's eyes burning onto the back of my head as I looked behind me to talk to Zach.

"Hey," Zach smiled.

I smiled back, feeling Joey still staring at me.

"What do you want?" I snapped as I turned back around to Joey.

"What about a hello Joey? Or hi Joey, how are you?" he said, moving his arms around frantically.

I completely ignored him again, while he scoffed.

"Students," our teacher spoke up, all of our attention falling on her, except for Joey as he looked down at his phone.
"For class today, I will be assigning you in pairs for an assignment."

Joey looked away from his phone, turning his head to me and smirked, making me groan as I banged my head on my desk.

"You will be doing this assignment with the person next to you." The teacher continued.

I lifted my head up and turned to see I'm only sitting next to Joey.

I sighed, hitting my forehead with my palm.

Joey smirked once again as he watched me with amusement.

"You will be starting this assignment today. It will be about the universe and you will get three weeks to do this. You have two weeks to do it in class and the one week with your partner. You may work at one of your partners houses." The teacher finished.

Joey winked at me, while all of his friends laughed, responding with 'get in.'

"You may begin working on your assignment when I pass it out."

"Here Mr Birlem and Miss y/l/n," Mrs Clutch said as she handed over the assignment.

"Thanks Miss," Joey and I said in sync, making her smile as she walked off.

"So, who's house first?" Joey asked, placing his hand on my upper thigh.

I slapped his hand off and gave him a disgusted look. "Mine, where my family will be STAYING while we spend time on our WORK." I said, purposely raising my voice when I said the words, 'staying' and 'work.'

"How bout mine, boo," he responded.

"Don't. Call. Me. That," I said, gritting my teeth with annoyance. 

"Sorry, baby," he winked.

"And don't call me that either!"

"I can call you whatever I want, baby girl." He raised his eyebrows as he smirked cheekily.

I scoffed, starting to work on our assignment we have not started yet.

Minutes later, the bell for the end of science had finally rang; thank god for that. I quickly packed my stuff and started jogging out, stopping as I felt someone grab my forearm, pulling me back.

"So who's house?" Joey questioned, his hazel eyes trailing down my body, my eyes rolling as I yanked my arm away from his.

"We will figure that out in two weeks, boo," I winked before walking off.

He just stood there speechless, while I made my way to my next class.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••