12 • suspended

Your pov:

It had been forty minutes since the fight with Molly; I felt sore and yuck.

A teacher had told me to wait at the front of the office, so I still was, growing bored.

Joey left about five minutes ago to go talk to Molly and the bell is supposed to go in five minutes for period 5.
So now I'm here all by myself.

My thoughts vanished as I felt someone standing in front of me. I looked up and made eye contact with the principal.

"Miss y/n y/l/n, you are welcome inside now," the principal said sternly as I stood up.

The principal, Mr Jones, led me to his office room.

"Have a seat y/n," he said.

I sat down on the black sofa chair and looked up at him. My heart was pounding like mad. I'm going to be in so much trouble, I felt it.

"So, y/n," he started, looking into my eyes.
"I heard about the fight with you and Molly," he pursed his lips, my head nodding nervously.
"I just had a brief chat with her about it and she said you started the fight."

My jaw dropped; what?!

"Is that so?" he questioned.

"N-no sir, that is wrong. I did not start the fight! She came up to me and pushed-" I said starting to shout, not being able to control myself.

"Y/n, I'm sorry but that's what Miss Darling told me and I have no choice but to believe her."

Miss Darling? Molly's last name is fucking Darling? Sure doesn't suit her attitude.

"And you believed her?" I questioned in disbelief, my eyes widening.

"Look y/n-"

"No, no! This isn't fair! I'm the new girl here. She's being here for years, okay? She would have done something in the past before I arrived, right?" I said interrupting the principal, soon kind of regretting it.

Mr Jones sighed. "Okay y/n, I believe you. But if anything like this happens again, you will be expelled from this school. This is a private school, we have rules here and you obey them. Okay?" he said sternly.

"Yes sir," I gulped as I nodded.

"I'm sorry to say this y/n, but you will be suspended for two days due to your actions. You fought back. Molly will also get an suspension. She will get four days off, due to her starting the fight. You do not come back to school until next Wednesday."

I nodded with a sigh, my eyes avoiding his stare.

"You may be excused, y/n," the principal said, gesturing me outside.

"Thank you, Mr Jones," I smiled kindly before getting up, internally groaning.

Second day at this new school and I'm already suspended. I'm also the new girl and I've already gotten into a fight.

My parents are going to kill me.

~

"Hey dar- oh my god, what happened?!" my mum exclaimed as she rushed towards me.

"Mum, I'm fine," I said, starting to walk to the stairs.

"Y/n, let her see. Tell her," Jake pleaded, nodding his head towards our mum.

I sighed and walked towards her.
Protective Jake mode has arrived.

"Darling? What happened?" My mum questioned again with concern, my dad now walking into the living room where we were all standing.

I rolled my eyes with a sigh.
Here we go again.

"Sweetie? What happened?" my dad questioned.

Now I have to deal with the both of them.

I looked down at the ground, an irritated groan leaving my lips.

"You guys promise to not get mad?" I said nervously.

"Promise," they said in sync.

"Okay, so I-I got into this f-fight-"

"What?!" My mum blurted with shock, her eyes widening.

"Darling, you promised her you wouldn't get mad," my dad said to my mum, rubbing her back in comfort.

My mum nodded with a sigh as she looked back at me, watching me intently.

"Okay," I started. "I got into this fight with a girl. She came at me because she thought I was flirting with her boyf-"

"Were you?" my mum questioned, interrupting again.

"No mum!" I yelled, growing irritated.
"I was being quite annoying so it makes sense she did it, but it still doesn't give her the right to punch me. Her boyfriend is the one who keeps flirting with me! I'm not doing anything," I said, breathing heavily.

Jake winked at me in which I gave him the finger in return.

"As I was saying, I went to the principal's office. We had a talk and um, I-I'm suspended," I said, looking at my shocked parents nervously.

My mum and dads eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

"For how many days?" My mum panicked as she ran a hand through her hair.

"Only for two days," I shrugged.

My mum sighed as she looked away.

"Good on your kiddo!" my dad cheered, patting my shoulder. "Your first fight! Woo hoo!"

"Oh my god, dad!" I whined, a laugh leaving my lips.

I was expecting a worse reaction but I guess my mum looked kind of disappointed though.

"Well at least you weren't expelled," my mum said, trying to lighten up the situation.

"Yeah," I said, pursing my lips with a nod.

"You should of seen them," Jake started. "It was pretty funny, not gonna lie."

My mum and dad gave me a look before we all broke down into laughs.

~

Hours passed and I had just gotten out of my shower, hearing a ding.

I saw my phone light up, so I approached it with a frown.

It was a message from unknown.

I grabbed my phone, typing in my passcode to reveal the message.

How?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••