19 • the good news

Your pov:

It was officially Monday morning. I rubbed my eyes as I reached out to grab my phone so I could check the time.

9:45am.

"Shit," I cursed, reading over the time with wide eyes.

I stood up in a hurry but stopped as I realised I was on a two day suspension.

I breathed out a sigh of relief, falling on my bed as I looked up at the roof.
"Mum?" I called out.

There was no answer.

"Dad?"

There was also no answer.

I then realised that my mum and dad would've left for work at around nine and Jake would've also been at school about an hour and a half ago.

I got up from my comfy bed, stopping once again as I heard my phone go off, signalling I had a message.

It was a message from my manager, making me grow confused as I haven't heard from him since I lived in Australia.

I unlocked my phone and checked the message, my jaw dropping as my eyes scanned over it.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
*via text messages*

David

Hey y/n, it's been a while! I know we haven't done photo shooting since the week before you left, but there is a guy coming to California for two years. And yes you know him, it's Liam. It's been a while since you guys have done shoots together. He is still a model but he's also a photographer now. He offered to be your new photographer, seeming that you wanted to get into modelling again. How does that sound?
- David x

Hi David! It's been so long! I'm so happy that you mentioned it to Liam. It's been so long since I've last seen him, and done modelling. I would love it if Liam was my new photographer :) thank you so much David!

Oh and can I please have Liam's number? X

No worries y/n! It's my job to be there for you. He'll be leaving Australia tomorrow night. His number is 61+ 477 425 485 :)
Read 9:59am

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I turned off my phone and jumped on my bed, squealing with joy, a smile formed my face. I dropped back down onto my bed, staring out into space.

I'm going to become a model again.
I'm going to see Liam again after years.

He's officially eighteen, making me grow nervous as he was older than me and probably far more mature.

I got up and ran downstairs, entering the kitchen as I grabbed a bowl, pouring some cereal and milk.

I sat down on the couch and grabbed the remote, turning on the tv.

I picked up my bowl from my lap and laid back as I ate, picking a movie to watch on Netflix, instantly feeling relaxed.

~

It had been a good five hours and it was already 3:15pm.

I had done quite a few things today, including watching Netflix, going to the beach and swimming in the pool when it was warm.

I was bored, wondering where Jake was as it was getting a bit late; school finishes at 3:00pm.

Wait, nevermind.

The front door opened, making me jump; it sounded like he had turned the handle before kicking it open.

"Hey bitch!" Jake semi-shouted, slamming the door, my eyes rolling as I watched him enter the lounge room.

"Hey idiot."

"What's up," he said as he down next to me, placing his arm around the ledge on the lounge behind me.

"Not much," I shrugged.
"Just chilled, went to the beach, and went for a swim in the pool."

Jake's eyes grew bigger by every word I said, making me laugh softly.

"Damn," he huffed in disbelief.
"I was stuck at school doing bloody school work all day."

"That's year 11 for you bro," I smiled at him as he rolled his eyes playfully, turning to the tv.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••