2 • telling everyone the news

Your pov:

"Hello school," I mumbled to myself as I opened the corridor door.

'We are moving.'
Those three words kept repeating in my head, giving me a slight headache.

Why? Why can't she and my absolute beloved father just move out by themselves and be happy. Jake, my older brother, wasn't to fond about it either.

"Y/n!" I was cut off from my thoughts by a very familiar voice; my boyfriend.

"Hey," I smiled cheekily as Alex approached me.

"Hey, princess." He grabbed my waist and kissed my lips softly, which resulted in me smiling into the kiss.

"Thank god it's the last day of school, I couldn't deal with it much longer," he breathed out as he ran a hand through his longish brown hair.

"Yeah, me too." I sighed as my mother's three words repeated in my head again.

"Let's go to class," Alex smiled softly as he grabbed my hand and interlocked our fingers.

~

Today is going quite slow in my opinion. It is only recess and I am currently grabbing my food from my locker.

I closed it to reveal a cute brunette leaning against the locker next to mine.

"Hey." Alex smirked slightly.

"Hey," I smiled.

"Let's go find the others," he said as he grasped my hand.

"Okay, Gerald," I teased.

Alex let out a questionable breathless laugh.
"What did you just call me?" he rose his eyebrows curiously.

"Nothing." I pecked his lips before dragging him to the cafeteria.

"Yo," I said cheerfully as I sat down at the lunch table with my friends.

I was one of the most popular girls in the school, including my friends and Alex. We never really cared what people thought of us. We talked to almost everyone at our school as we liked to associate with people.

We weren't like those typical popular groups that bullied everyone in cliche high school movies, we were actually the complete opposite.

"So, what's the plan these holidays guys?" One of my friends, Kate spoke up.

I looked down as I bit my lip nervously.
I still haven't told anyone that I'm leaving in four days to move to America.

"I'll be at home," Alex said, each of my friends nodding in agreement.

"What about you, y/n?" Bailey questioned as he gazed at me.

"Um..." I trailed off as I looked down with guilt. "I'm moving."

My friends eyes widened as their faces fell in disbelief. "What?" they all said in unison.

"Look, I was going to tell you guys this morning but I couldn't find any of you," I lied.

"What do you mean? I was with you this morning though?" Alex's eyebrows furrowed with confusion.

A sigh left my lips. "I'm sorry. I'm pretty pissed off about the whole situation too."

"It's not going to be forever right?" Lily frowned.

"I'm moving there for good. I'm sorry." I grew uncomfortable under all of their stares.

"Babe, are you serious?" Alex questioned on the verge of tears.

"Yeah I am," I responded softly.

I felt Alex lift my chin up with his two fingers, his eyes looking deeply into mine while I looked back into his beautiful blue ones.

"Don't forget about me," he whispered. "Promise?"

"I promise," I smiled.

I heard a bunch of aws around the table as I laid my head on Alex's shoulder.

I'm really going to miss them.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••