4: Dear Flyer

-Linnea-

"Hello Linnea." Bea greeted as she frantically walked through the front door. Her hair was abstructed by the harsh weather outside.

Which brought me to my positon sitting about the window sill. I had made plans today to stay at the garage for atleast a couple hours but I don't know if I would return there.

"I got a call from the school today, you missed your sceince class." Bea's voice was stinging in my ears.

"I got caught in the rain sorry." I responded not moving my lazy gaze from the open window.

She didn't care about my reason why though, She dropped her groceries down in the kitchen before making her way to the washroom to primp herself.

"I have a date tonight so you are on your own for dinner." She shouted back.

I was nowhere near hungry, I really had nothing to do, nothing to look forward to. How was it that bitchy Bea could get a date and I have never had a boyfriend.

"Linnea!"

"Okay! I know you already said!"

She entered into the room with her eyes piercing in my direction. She completely transformed herself from the way she looked before. Her long tangled hair was freshly curled to one side of her face and makeup polished her face. As much I hated admitting it she was really beautiful and made a point of proving it.

"How do I look?" She leaned into a pose, puckering her lips and hanging her head over her shoulder making her hair nearly reach the small of her back.

"Nice."

She smiled for a brief moment but lost it in the same instance looking serious as if it was a 'sexy face' or something. I was honestly the last person she should try to impress.

"I'm out then, stay out of trouble." she commanded pointing her finger in my direction and closing the door before I could answer her.

"No promises." I said to the empty house. I turned my gaze back to the outside with a faint smile creeping on my face.. Looking down the walls edge, If I would have fallen I would have landed in the way of a busy traffic street. An instant suicide.

Somedays, I would consider accidentally loosing my balance over the edge, I am sure Bea wouldn't even mind if I did but for whatever reason I haven't brought myself to do it yet.

I inhaled through my lips deeply feeling as if I was taking a sip of cool water as the chill echoed down my throat. Pigions flew ahead of my house chasing each other with food dangling from the first ones mouth. I had one of the most beautiful views of Stockholm even if I didn't live right in the city. The nice thing about living on the edge of town was the view, instead of being in town where it wasn't the same. Instead you in the midst of it all helping create the view.

I hopped off my position facing the livingroom. Bea had left the light on in the washroom.

"Seriously? Is it that hard to turn it off when you are finished?" I slapped the washroom wall with the back of my hand turning off the light.

My reflection in the mirror wasn't as impressive as I wished it was. Bea was short and slender with long beautiful blonde hair and eyelashes. She looked like she could be a fashion model or a barbie doll.

Myself, on the other hand was slender but small everywhere, my waist was small but so were my breasts and bum. My hair was long but a dull brown. I turned my shoulders in the mirror viewing my body from different angles.

I never wore a brush of makeup either. It wasn't a concern of mine since I avoided looked at my face every moment I got. Even looking at myself this long began to upset me.

I changed my mind and walked out the front door without looking back twice.

I lived on a popular street where cars passes at insane pace racing to get home at this time. Same with the pedestrians, they bundled their bodies in coats rushing from point A to point B as if it was really cold.

I followed my way down the street to my school and turned into the forest. The walk was a lot swifter as I thankfully didn't have to stop at the school for at least another day.

I entered the garage as I always did through the broken boarded walls under the front window.

Safely dry and secluded I began to move as I always did.

I would start with my eyes closed observing my surroundings with my other senses.

Rain fell all around me cooling my boiling skin to the touch leaking through shocking my body in small drips. The sound was calming and helped regulate my breathing to a steady pace.

Even though my eyes were closed I knew my hair was soaked from the humidity, my breath would have flooded out between my lips like smoke from a dragon.

That's it. I was like a dragon, strong and mysterious yet majestic.

My arms began to raise from my sides taking my body after it all flowing together through motion.

The rain was a miraculous accent balancing my body. sweat and rain became undistinguishable as I moved, with droplets falling over my lips. I squished them shut into a hard line and released again catching my breath.

Now thinking about it, I had the tools I needed to run away. There was nothing holding me to Stockholm honestly.

I was born in Linköping so I have been told. Maybe if I returned my mother would be there waiting for me. Maybe that was too much to ask for.

I looked around the garage, the home I had made for myself.

I had completed my first backflip in the front corner successfully, I had often done my homework upstairs where the wood creaked and you had to stay cautious where you stepped to make sure you didn't fall through the rotting floor.

Secretly I found a picture of my mother in Bea's room. I hid this in the back corner and looked at it every so often.

I walked to the corner and took hold of the paper in my hands.

How happy she looked in this picture, smiling back at me perched on a boat facing the ocean.

I glanced up from my picture and caught sight of something peculiar.

The sheet of metal that had pungently fell was placed against the wall. In fact all the hay was also cleared into a clean pile as well.

"Dear Flyer, I am sorry for startling you yesterday. Do your feet tingle as you fall from those heights? Your jumps are quite impressive." I read.

A finger had traced these letters along the dust and dirt of the polished metal.

Someone has snuck into my garage.. to compliment my jumping.. and clean up?

How impressive can it be to jump off of stacked cars?

How weird must I be to have someone come in here and clean up for me.

How weird for someone to be watching me!

I sat in front of the board crossing my legs and threw dirt off the floor to cover the words.

"Dear Writer, Jumping isn't impressive. Gravity does what it wills. To answer your question. Yes, my toes tingle with satisfaction. Great stress reliever. Do you fly?"

I wrote these words without thinking.

Why was someone watching me? To most people this would probably be disturbing but I oddly found comfort in it as i it is a sense of security.

By this time the sun was setting and the chill was becoming unbearable. I returned home wondering if me responding to the letter was an idiotic decision..

Yea it was.

But what was the harm in answering a question?