32: Closed Eyes Open Ears

-Linnea-

"No, show me now." I say, I am beginning to get annoyed with Felix's constant disappearing.

"Here, let me grab my jacket and we can come back." He moves away from the door but I don't let him walk far.

Something is going on that he isn't telling me.

"Show me now!" I scream pushing him so hard into the door I feel my wrists crack in pain. For the time being I have to ignore it. I am too firey now to back off.

What exactly am I looking for? I know there is a girl somewhere behind this door, the faint makeup marks on his face and neck told me right away. Am I just looking for the face to blame which took Felix away from me? What will that prove? I will see nothing but that dirty bitch's face every time I see Felix.

Even though he is not telling me the truth I know what is going on. It's not Maja behind that door Linnea. I say to myself. don't kid yourself, he's just standing here trying to her his jacket Linnea. I say again coaxing myself until I believe it.

It takes minutes before I back away from Felix.

"We leave again tonight." I say turning around and walking. "We take the over night train to Stromsund."

I exit the building and slide into Katia's car.

"Let's go." She places her key into the car revving it into gear.

"Aren't we going to wait for Felix?"

Just as I speak he hops into the back seat rubbing his hands together to salvage any heat he can make between his fingers.

"Hey."

Neither one of us answer him, we pull out of the driveway and make our way bak to the hotel.

Outside the grey clouds flourish the skies wetting every surface in sight.

We pull into a driving spot and Katia rips out her key from the car.

"Get out."

Felix obeys and hops out slamming the door shut into the rain but I don't feel as much enthusiasm. Katia quickly checks behind her and locks the door closing us in with they room key.

"Either you are an idiot or just really stubborn."

"Excuse me?"

"Why are you ignoring Felix?" I roll my eyes at her question.

"God, things are bad enough as it is I don't need you making it harder between us." I say rubbing my face.

She raises a single eyebrow. "Look, Felix brought you here so you are as good as his."

"What are you trying to get at?"

"Come on Linnea. You know Felix is messing around with girls behind your back."

"Okay? There's nothing I can do about that."

I look outside and see Felix completely soaked from the rain now banging on the window to get our attention.

"Look, Maja came to me yesterday and she's making deals with Daff offering money so she can get signed with the Artist House of Stockholm, like how the Fooo are. I don't believe anything that little twat says but Daff is falling for it."

"If Daff decides to get her signed then she will be in my face every day. She will take Felix away from me for good."

"She won't stop there, Oscar doesn't know she is messing with Felix and I saw her trying to get Oscar's attention too."

I didn't know that, how does she have Oscar hooked too! Felix outside is getting impatient and begins to shiver in the cold.

"Don't worry about him right now." She points at him so I see his shivering cold figure outside. "He is faking it."

"Well, what should I do?"

Katia rests her hands on mine to get my attention. I look so attentively at her mouth movements so I don't miss a single thing she says.

"Linnea, if you want to keep your friends, The Fooo, Felix, you are going to have to listen to me very carefully."