20: Skyline

-Linnea-

I imagine kidnapping as something crazy. Like a big strong man taking me away and storing me in a cage with minimal food, just enough to keep me alive. I know it happens to average people but I walk around thinking 'it will never happen to me.'

Until it does.

I feel weak as I wake up in the morning. Only about two hours ago I set my head down on this very pillow and tucked myself into this bed.

I sit up and head to the living room, my attacker sits in front of a fire place drinking coffee until he notices me and stands up.

"Hello Linnea, my dear."

"You have a lot of explaining to do I say." I move cautiously to the seat facing him. I still feel odd sharing a conversation with my attacker.

"Well, I don't want to scare you but I have been keeping an eye on you for a while."

"How is that not scary? I don't even know who you are!" I shout, I can feel my pulse thudding in my head.

"Wait god damn it!" He shouts closing his eyes, his actions are quite odd. If you were deaf and looked at this man you would not be able to tell he was mad from his lack of facial emotion.

"This is bull shit!" I shake my head at him and prepare to leave.

"You can wait young lady!" He says pushing my shoulders down so I have no choice but to fall into the chair beneath me.

My attacker looks at me, he oddly has the same hue of blue in his eyes that I see when I look at my reflection in the mirror. His hair is scruffy and messy atop his head trailing all the way around his face.

"Look at these." He reaches in his back pocket and hands me a series of pictures.

I hold them up trying to find a position where I won't see any glare from the window behind my head.

I see a picture of a child, she looks happy. She holds a toy in her fingers and the man in front of me is kissing her forehead.

The second picture is about a year later, the child is walking now, she stares back at me with such certainty. Yet again, my attacker is in the photo. I sit and think for a moment, I don't want it to he true.

"Dad?"

"Yes, Linnea."

*.*.*.*

My Dad and I walk back into the forest and he leaves me right where he found me four days ago.

"So, I hope you consider what we spoke about." he tells me placing his hands in his pockets.

I look away as I speak back because I cannot bare to tell him the truth to his eyes. "I know you want to start a life in Linköping, but I'm not ready to leave. No offence."

He becomes still, silence seeps in all around us as he allows my words to soak in.

"Well, I hope I'll see you again." He says. I attempt to smile and give him a hug before turning away.

Eventually he gets the memo and turns as well back to his house.

He's a very old man, without a wife, that kidnapped his daughter to speak to her for the first time, he is not off to a great start and I feel like his crazy ways would rub off on me and I would soon also become crazy.

I think so much that I don't realize that I stumble into the garage, I swear just a second ago I was just walking through trees but now the dark roof protects my head.

I also hear my music play, Writer must have been here. Unfortunately he isn't now but I know I will see him again soon.

I pick my remote up off the floor and turn off the sounds so It is quiet, and I am one with nature.