47: Distractions

-Felix-

I hold her in my arms as she grieves, not only for the loss of her father but for Bea as well. She loves them both I know that much.

"I am so sorry dear." My mom covers her mouth, our family has never dealt with death before so this is an odd experience for me, my mother too.

"You should probably get some sleep, all of us should." I say.

I can't even imagine what it would be like in her shoes, I love my family without them I am nothing.

I lift her to her feet but she falls to her knees, now a new feeling has over come her. She isn't sad, she stops crying even. She feels fear.

"Come on." I take her under the arms and legs resting her in my bed.

"Just, pull the blankets up so you can warm yourself." I snuggle close to her absorbing her last sobs into my shirt.

"Your not expecting to sleep in that bed with her are you?" My mother says peaking in the door.

"What? Are you going to hop in bed with her?" I ask. Mom simply tightens her jaw and leaves the room.

"Good night. Linnea we will find a good solution tomorrow morning okay?" She shuts off the light and leaves.

After the lock clicks shut she breathes deep trying to calm herself.

"She's right you know. We will figure this out."

"But I'm so scared." she whispers, I feel small streams of tears soak in the fabric of my shirt. I was afraid she would say that.

I take her chin so she looks at me. "We are your family now okay? I love you."

I kiss her lips sealing the deal, and the moment her eyes close to kiss me they don't open again.

*.*.*.*

I wake up facing the opposite direction that I fell asleep in. Linnea still lays perfectly fine. How the hell did I manage that?

I lift Linnea's leg off my shoulder so I can stand on my feet. I leave and enter the kitchen to see my mom already cooking.

"Smells good." I smile.

"You think she'll like it? I was thinking Linnea might want something nice." She smiles and shows off her beautifully plates of food.

Yea, my mom tries too hard but I love her for it.

"Why do you care so much about her?"

She pops a strawberry in her mouth but chews it slowly before answering.

"Because after you came back with her you have changed. I don't know what she did to you, but it is something I couldn't do. So this is how I thank her for it."

"But all she did was stay with me."

"Well, what else do you need?" I mirror her smile, thank her and move back to my room.

"Morning beautiful." I snuggle in next to her wrapping my arms around her.

"Felix." She chokes out. "I can't breathe." she coughs sarcastically.

"Well I'm not letting you go!" I smile, I feel her squirming out of my grasp so I move my legs over her so she can't move.

"Uugh." she moans. "Felix your hair is going up my nose!" she tries to move her head away but move my face along next to hers again. "I'm going to sneeze on you if you don't let me go!"

"You don't understand! I can't let go!" I hold her even tighter listening to her moan, my body compressing her into the bed.

"I'm going to sneeze!" I feel her chest lift me when it fills with air and I let her go just as she breaks.