30: Just Sleep

-Linnea-

"Hey Flyer do you think you can pick up some ice?"

I grab the ice bucket sitting on the desk beside the television.

"Sure thing." I saw the ice machine at the end of the hall as we were walking up. I retrace my steps finding the familiar row of vending machines with the ice nestled directly in the middle.

As I enter the separate room I see a familiar girl stand in front of me.

"Maja?"

"Hey!" She leans forward throwing her arm around my shoulder.

"What are you doing here?" I ask and place my bucket in the machine to dispense ice.

"I follow the boys on tour." She says smiling.

"How did you know we were staying at this hotel-"

"Okay I better go, see you later!" She picks up her bucket and moves towards her room.

A second later my bucket finishes filling and I follow behind her.

"Where's your room?" she asks.

"Uhh... down a floor." I walk to the elevator and press the call button.

"Oh, okay... well I'll see you tomorrow!" She smiles and moves into the room next to mine.

How the hell did she manage to get the room beside mine? After she closes her door I walk back into my room beside hers with the bucket of ice beginning to melt.

"Wow that took you a while, what was the hold up?" OG asks me.

I don't answer it because mentally I know she is here for one of the boys, I'm not sure who yet.

Omar and OG sit on a bed together watching the television so I sit with them to watch a show I never heard before.

I chance a look at Felix, he is moving in circles like he is looking for something.

"I am going to go pick up some shampoo for the morning." he says, his skin turns so white I am scared if he leaves he may pass out, but the boys don't mention anything so I don't either.

He leaves closing the door hard behind him and the second he does Oscar mutes the screen.

"What is up with him!?"

"I don't know, he's really letting it get to him."

I listen to the boys shoot back and forth about Felix, and I understand he is stressed but I didn't think it was to this extent.

"Linnea? You should go to bed, you can't even sit up."

I shoot back awake and I realize I was laying on Omar's shoulder.

"I am so sorry."

"It's fine hun, just go to bed." Omar helps me to my feet and I slip under the covers on my side of the cold bed. I never truly fall asleep comfortably until I feel Felix slide into the covers behind me some time later.

I do truly love him, but I can't show it until I know he lives me back.

*.*.*.*

I wake hearing footsteps pass outside my room and a cold draft run up my back paralyzing me so it feels.

"Felix?" I move my hand behind me. It's time to apologize for ignoring him for the past couple days.

I reach for his hand but I don't find it. In fact I don't find any part of him. Not even the bathroom has a locked door or a light shining out the bottom of the door. He has left.

I stand up and walk towards OG where he is nestled in his bed.

"OG, OG! Where is Felix?" I ask poking his shoulder, he doesn't flinch until I poke really hard on his cheek.

"He's not here?" He looks up to glance at my empty bed.

"Well, go back to sleep I am sure he will come." OG turns around and slips back closing his eyes.

He's probably right, I reenter my bed but it's not the same. The draft cooling the room is to hard to bare alone. I am alone. I feel a tear trail out of my eye, over my nose and off the tip hitting the bed.

I never had Felix did I? He said he never chose me, no one chooses me.

I keep my tears to a minimum trying not to wake the boys. However I fail. Damn it Oscar! He's such a light sleeper.

"Linnea?" I stay quiet holding my breath in case I start sobbing. I hear him sit up in his bed.

"Linnea what's wrong?" I hear Oscar's voice crack in his sleep.

"Felix is gone, again."

"What?"

I get up and move beside his bed but it's harder to face him and speak of my problems.

"Felix left." I whisper to him, as I suspected my tears flush out of my eyes full force.

"Honey don't cry." He sits up with his eyes closed still barely awake and wraps his arms around my shoulders and rocks back and forth humming a soft melody.

"He'll come back, he doesn't know what he's missing." Oscar rubs my back and smiles, his eyes still closed.

He lays back down rolling over falling asleep.

"Just....sleep....." he mumbles.

I can't sleep alone, so I crawl under the covers beside him and try to regulate my breathing to a normal pace.

"Don't cry Linnea, just sleep."

He wraps his arm around my shoulder pulling me into the warmth of his side and I feel my body warm up.

The heat is numbing to all my senses. Just sleep Linnea. I say to myself

...

****************************************************************************

Hej! I hope this clears up some of the confusion I read in the comments!

Make sure you vote and comment it really helps with the making of this book!

Tills nästa gång