Chapter 6

I sit on my own in the train. In my own room. Crying. I can't believe that people really want me dead. Is that what the capitol thinks too. Why only me. Why me at all? I know I tried to kill Katniss. But it was all I knew. It was so much easier before the games. Being called a psychopath was bad enough. But I could live with it. But now a whole district wanting me dead. I don't know what to do about that. I stand from my bed and look out the window at the moving objects that pass us. I don't want Cato in here. Not now. I have been with him so much. I love him. And I don't want my anger to hurt him. But I have to be brave. I'm a mentor now. I need to be brave. For the tributes. Most of them will be older than me next year. But not Cato. He will be 19 when the next games start. I wonder what the arena will be like. This year. Whatever it is. It's the 75th year. Which means it's a quell. Haymitch Abernathy is the only victor from 12 and he won a quell. I want to meet the victors at the presidential palace. At the end of the tour. I notice the stars coming out in the night sky. I find 22 stars. All in a line. I flash back to the blood bath at the cornucopia. And watching Cato murdering children. I remember it Clear as the night sky. The memories come flooding back to me. And the last thing I remember was looking to the sky.