Chapter 29

We run into the living room and turn on the projector. Try are fighting so brutally. Johanna suddenly swings her axe over her head and Cato falls to the ground. He's not wounded. Just ducking down. For protection. "Johanna!" I hear someone shout.

"This isn't over!" She shouts and runs away. Cato makes it out with only a few cuts.

"Right I'm gonna go down and get them some medication. You stay here. Send them the water and food" says Brutus. He strides over too the elevator and goes down. I wait and watch the tv. Cato stands still watching Johanna run away.

"Move! Cato run!" I shout at the tv. I know he can't hear me. But I feel like he can here me. He starts taking small jumps backwards and then runs back to the pack. Why didn't Johanna kill him? Why didn't he carry on fighting?

They have been in the Arena about 6 or 7 hours now. But it feels longer. When Cato runs back to the beach. He turns around suddenly a loud Screeching sound is heard in the distance. The careers run too the Cornucopia and more sounds are heard. "Ahh! Help someone please!" Shouts a small voice. It's a girl. The only girl is the one from 12 "help! No!! Ahhh" then all you can hear are grunts and screeches like screams. Cato taps Glosses are and points into the jungle. The camera looks to where he is pointing and I see two red eyes. Blood red. They are glowing and then they slowly fade to black. Gloss walks over to It. And throws an arrow into the jungle. Only to be surprised too he a giant mutt run out and hit an invisible wall. Gloss jumps back and has is sword in the air. But the mutt won't move. It's like a giant bear type of thing. But looks like a dog and a gorilla. It stands up. And it's past 8ft. Gloss runs back too the middle and the beast runs away.

"What the heck was that?!" Shouts Cato.

"I'm not sure. But stay away from it" gloss says. They walk too the other side of the cornucopia and wait. Cato sits away from everyone else. On the platform part. And starts slashing the water with his hand. He looks down to the water. Enobaria looks over to Cato and walks over too him. She stands next to him.

"What's wrong? missing her?" She asks. He puts his hand to his head

"Yeah like hell. The worst thing is. She can see me. But I can't see her" he says

"Once you get out. You'll see her" she says. Well who would have now that Enobaria has a heart

"If I get out" he says and chuckles slightly. I find myself walk towards the projection. And placing my hand against it.

"Be safe" I whisper. I take a break from driving myself insane. But I keep the tv on. I start peeping my dinner then remember I have too send the sponsorships. I walk over to the other side of the room and jump in the elevator. I get down to the public game centre I see the crowds have died down. I walk over too the cash in and see Brutus "brutus! What do I do with these?" I ask. He takes them from my hand and puts them on the desk. The woman on the other side of the cash in takes

"Thanks" he says. When he cashed them in he had loads of others too. The woman hands his a box "look you do this." He slides the Box out into a keyboard sort of object "when there is a red light by the number. You press the button of the number you want say 4" he say. He points to the red lights with small printed numbers on them. He presses a button under the number 4. And the red light goes out "watch" he say. He points to the screen. I see a parachute appear on the screen and it glides down to the careers.

"So it cues when to give the sponsorships out. When I click a button. Whatever the button is. It will send a sponsors gift?" I ask

"Yes. As long as the light is red. You can get the lights red again by gaining sponsors. But don't use it willy-nilly. That's why I'm keeping it" he says and he walks away. On the screen it's divided into small sections of 12. The 12th screening is in the middle and the other 11 on the outside. I guess it's too keep an eye on the tributes when you are down here. And when there is more action going on the smaller screen gets bigger. So you can see them better. I walk over too the odds board. Cato's odds are 6th highest. Gloss' are the highest. Then Finnick then Enobaria, cashmere and Johanna. Then we have Cato. Mags odds are now the lowest. It predicts who's going to die next. Lower odds less chance of winning. The girl from 12 just died. And Mags is next