Chapter 24

I sit in the stands of the tribute parade stretch. It's a really hot day today. The peoples cheers are so loud. I sit next to Brutus. I stand up and look over into the giant doors I once went through. There are people a hanging over the roves looking over to the tributes below. I suddenly hear many female capitol women scream. At first I thought some one had fell. But no. I see a cocky Finnick Odair walk past. "Lady's and gentlemen. May I introduce the 75th hunger games tributes!" Shouts a familiar voice. Caesar Flickerman. district one suddenly shoots out of the door. And then two. Cato stands waving his arm to the audience and Enobaria hisses. They where gladiator type of clothes. I can't really tell from here. Cato has no facial expression but as he passes girls fawn. I catch his eye and he smiles at me. I smile back and I watch the rest of the tributes roll out of the giant double doors. As the event begins to end. Brutus tells me to stand and we walk down and round to the back of the stretch. Where there is an angry looking Enobaria.

"That was great" I say

"No it wasn't, he didn't do what I asked him too" Enobaria says

"I said this will make us more popular. Anyway why would I hiss. I don't have teeth like yours" Cato says rebelliously.

"Egh!" She shouts and storms off. Cato laughs at her. Then I fold my arms and look at him

"What?" He says. Still laughing

"She's trying to keep you alive you know. Just do as she says" I point over to Enobaria whom is being calmed down by brutus "she could kill you in the arena you know. Now I have to go and get you some allies" I tell him and I flip my long flowing brown hair behind my back and walk away. I look around for Gloss and Cashmere. District 1. I see them suddenly and they see me. I smile and walk over. Acting like we are old family friends.

"Clove!" Says Gloss. Cashmere walks up behind him and smiles. They are both so beautiful. How did Glimmer come from this district. Okay I admit it. I hated her.

"Gloss! Cashmere! I have something to tell you. How would you like to be Allies with my two tributes?" I ask. They both look at each other

"Cato and Enobaria?" Says Gloss. I nod "sure. As long as it's only us four. And Cato follows on what we do. Because we know best" he says. I smile

"Of course. Wouldn't have it any other way" I tell him he smiles and hugs me. He's HUGE! The Cashmere hugs me and walks away. She is also they broad. I walk back to Cato and smile "guess who just got you 2 career allies" I say

"Who? Pretty boy and pretty girl? Pass" he says

"Cato. You have too. You have too be led around though. Because they know best. Their words not mine" he signs "come on Cato"

"I don't trust them"

"Yet you trusted me having to hang around with Glimmer? I was going to slit her throat in the night we were camped under Katniss. Not that it would have mattered. She only had a few more hours. But Cato you have too Brutus says that it's best" I tell him.

"Why not Finnick?" He says

"They don't want anyone else. Just you two" I tell him

"Fine" he says and walks away from me. Brutus begins to walk towards me. I meet him half way

"I got two allies" I tell him

"Good. That's all we need. Well done Clove" he says

"So I'm done? Can't I get more?" I ask

"No. Dead weight Clove. They could kill anyone in the night. Don't trust them" he says and looks over at Finnick. I look and he seems to me smirking and eating what looks like a sugar cube. Finnick looks at me and I turn away as I see Brutus walking away from me and over too Cato and Enobaria.

"So..got any allies for those two?" I jump at the voice behind me. Its Finnick

"Actually yes. Two Careers"

"Not me then" he says laughing

"No. They don't want you" I say. He looks to the ground

"Yes. We are a bunch of old riff raff aren't we. Then again. Everyone here is a broken soul, searching for a way out" he says and walks away. I walk slowly over too everyone and we zip back up to the tribute rooms.

I stand next to Cato in the elevator. And I go to take him hand. But he weaves his way out of it. I look up to him and he look around. But not at me. The doors open and we all walk out. Cato walks right to our room. I stand as everyone pushes passed me trying to get out of the lift. My face drops and I find my self drifting over to My room. I open the door and see Cato sitting with his hands on his face. Resting on his knees and perched on the end of the bed "what was that?" I ask. I rubs his face "Cato?! You know you can't ignore me. I'm trying to help you!" I say "Cato look at me" I grab his hand and take it away from his face and he pulls it back "Clove-"

"No. I'm Not going to let you do this too me again. Last year I believed you. This year not so much. Cato you have to listen to me. Please. Are you mad at me?"

"I'm not mad. I don't want to lose you. At the reaping. I saved you. And you didn't even try to save me" he says. He looks up and I look too him

"You really think I wasn't trying to save you-"

"You did nothing! You just cried!"

"I thought that would make Brutus volunteer! I was trying. I asked him to. But he wasn't listening!"

"No. You didn't try Clove! Shows how much you love me!" He shouts. I stand up as he sits down. I'm not going to let one tear escape from me this time.

"You really think I don't love you. Right so the girl that is getting married to you and is carrying you baby doesn't love you! Cato. I do love you. Are you just mad at me or something? Or upset about the games and your taking it out on me" I say. He looks at me

"You are aren't you. Looking after the baby when I'm out in the arena. I guess I am upset. Clove I'm sorry" he say. He stands up and goes to hug me. But I push him away "clove I-"

"Don't. Cato I love you. I sat with you for hours everyday when you where out. That's commitment"

"Clove I'm sorry" he says. He hugs me and I hug him back. I don't want this games to be like the last ones with Cato and I arguing all the time. So I just accept his apology. "Should we get some dinner?" He asks. I nod and we walk out. I know Cato like I know myself. Their is something else wrong. Not just the games. Is it the fact that when he's in the arena. He doesn't know how or what I'm doing? I don't know. Maybe.

We sit down and the table and eat. Oh how I love the sound of knives and forks hitting and scratching against the china plates. I break the silence "Enobaria. I got you some allies today. Gloss and Cashmere" I tell her. She looks up and me

"Thanks Clove" she says. I smile at her

"Could we talk strategy? In the arena. Cato you need to let everyone else led you and tell you what to do. You might be bigger than Enobaria and Cashmere. But not Gloss. He will kill you if you don't do as he says. Literally" says brutus "training is tomorrow. We need to get down there quick and before the rest"

"Like last year then" says Cato "last year. We got there first too" he repeats. Brutus looks at him and continues his pep talk. I day dream and completely zone out. Until I'm woken to find. I'm the only one left at the table. I stand up and walk to my room too find Cato fast asleep. I crawl into bed next to him and drift off.