Chapter 25

I wake up to the rocky mountains letting the sun peep over the top of them and the rays hitting my eyes. I stretch out too Cato. But the bed is cold. He's gone. He must have left for training. I get up. Shower. Get dressed. Eat and then walk to the elevator and go down to training. I see Brutus and he stands on the side of the training mats. "What's going on?" I ask. He looks at me. And crosses him arms.

"Enobaria is just training. Cato was hit in the face by accident by a bat. It left a small mark. But the game makers want to make sure he's still okay for the arena. But between you and I. They well send him in even if he couldn't stand" he says. I see Cato sitting on the side he is holding a cloth to his lip and the game makers have a trainer shining a light in his eyes. "Clove. We aren't aloud to move around. We have to stay here" he says. I see all the other mentors. Sitting on chairs by the side of the training rings.

"Dude! Are you serious!" I turn around and see a man being sick all over Gloss. I can't help but giggle. "What the heck man! Why did you do that! Watch your back in the arena! Alright" Gloss shouts. He grabs the intoxicated man by the scruff of his shirt and pushes him away and down to the ground. The man lies in a puddle of sick and wipes his mouth

"Alright. I never said all the victors were strong" says Brutus

"What districts he?" I ask

"I'm not sure. 10 maybe" he says. The man pushes himself up and onto his feet and walks past Cato and stands next to a trainer. Who is cleaning the man up. Brutus walks over to Cato and the trainer. I watch Enobaria scare another trainer. She's hissing at him. Is hissing all she can do? I look across to Brutus and Cato. And they begin to walk over to us. "Cato's only cut his lip. But he is okay for the Games. But like I said. Okay to the. Is if his hearts still beating" says Brutus. I look to Cato. I don't know why they made such a fuss. It's smaller than the cut I hand. Cato walks over to the sword training and grabs a sword. I watch his behead a dummy and cut the arms off of them. It gives me chills. He never did anything like that in the games. He mainly snapped people's necks. He acts like he's never been put through this before.

I look around to see district 12. Haymitch Abernathy. past victor of the 50th games. Also a quell. He is training the younger girl. It's not very fair. She's just a random child. She is most likely the first to go. I walk back to Brutus and I stand watching Cato talk to Gloss and Cashmere. Wait what? They seem to be talking...normally. Almost civil. Cato shakes glosses hand and walks away. How odd.

Training has been going well. We are now back at the apartment. Eating dinner. Gabe keeps talking about the meeting he went to today. Discussing the tributes. It seems so boring. Nothing really happened today. It's just a normal day, well a normal day in the life of a mentor of the hunger games.