Chapter 20

Cato walked for the first time after him accident the day after we woke up. Everyone is so pleased. He can walk run and anything else he could do before the accident. Except instead of his accident we call it. Him hibernating. The reaping is tomorrow I'm so scared. But fighting through it. I sit in Cato's house. In his room. We don't know what else to do. I'm to scared to be away from him. But either way. If one of us does or doesn't get reaped. We will be with each other because we have to mentor. The thought still runs through my brain.

"Cato. Why did you run away?" I ask him. He looks at me.

"Like you. I wanted to get away. Only I ran away a bit to far. And ended up on the other side of 2. In the industrial part. When I was on my way back. I saw lights. And thought they where peacekeepers so I hid. When they went I moved again. But then when I saw a light fall over. It shone up into your face and put your shadow on the tree so I came running. You looked so cold. So I took my jacket off and put it on you but nothing happened I carried you all the way home. And when I got in I collapsed. Reason being i knew you would come back. But I got lost in thought and I almost didn't" he tells me. I look at him and smile.

"Don't do it again please" I tell him. As I hug and squeeze him.

"I won't. You promise. That if you get reaped. You won't ever forget about me in the arena?" He says.

"I can't. Would you do the same" I ask. He smiles

"I can't either" he says. And he kisses me on the head "just like last year. We are together. The night before the reaping" he says

"Yes. Except. No stars. And it's a lot colder" I tell him

"But we are together. That's all that I care about" he says.

I eventually become sleepy. But I don't dare sleep. Tomorrow will only come faster but the tiredness wins