Chapter 39

-The Execution-

I wear my best dress that I have. Cato's wears his best suit. My hair done specially for the occasion. I stand with Cato in an area that looks over onto the veranda. Were President Snow is placed on a chair. They read out all the offences he committed. And proceed with the Event. I grab Cato's hand as a small group of members from the fire squad load their guns. I grip it tighter as they aim, And as they fire I jump at the sight of Snows body falling forward and spitting up blood onto the pristine white floor below him. A few minutes after the audience recovers from the shock. We hear a loud cheers. Then we watch President Coin be named president of Panem. As people begin to leave we follow the crowd.

We jump on a train which leads back home too district 2. We sit in the train in silence. Until an unexpected guest walks in "Clove! Cato! I have missed you two so much!" Gabe. He wasn't there in the times that Cato was in the games. I was alone. We stand up and I hug him

"Gabe. Your okay" I says. I grip him tight to let him know that we care. I let go and Cato hugs him too.

"It's great too see you again" he says. We all smile

"so what happens now?" I ask. Cato looks too me and smiles and chuckles slightly

"I'm not sure. We go where ever the wind takes us" I look at him and smile.

We are now in 2 I visit my house where my parents were shot dead. I can't live here. I can't stay here. We lay flowers outside my house. Cato and his family Collect my things and we move into a new house in the victors village. One that was never used. It's not just my house. It's mine and Cato's. His parents have his old house and we love in this new one. When we walked past Brutus' we lay down flowers that we brought from the market. Enobaria moved to district 4 because now you can move at will. Annie and Finnick are in 7 and Johanna is in 7 as well. Cashmere moved too District 2. She lives opposite us. Since her brother died. She said that she wanted too be independent. Beetee and Wiress stayed in 3. We decided too stay in 2. Two is home too us.

I have unpacked my things and sit down. I'm still stunned by everything. And I can't seem too stay still I have to occupy myself. I wash up clean up. Move things around. I have too do something. As I'm sitting and reading through a book Cato walks up behind me "so. When's this wedding happening then?" I turn around and smile. That's something too do. Plan a wedding. Should be fun.