Chapter 22

As we walk into the room Enobaria catches us. "Urm Clove. Your meant to be mentoring all of us. Private mentoring it's fair" she says. She's only picking on me because she's going into the games.

"I'm not mentoring him. He's really upset. He only just got out of the arena. And now he's going back in. You had years. He's had not even 1 yet. I'm cheering him up" I tell her. She smiles and shows her sharpe teeth.

"Cheering him up, clove? Does your mother know?" She asks

"Not like that. And no" I say and I slam the door in her face. "Sorry. She is like that. Being my cousin and all" I say. Cato walks over to the bed and sits on it. I walk over and sit with him. We both lie back and get confer table

"It's okay. At least your family is here" he says.

"Hey. I'm your soon to be wife. I don't wanna say fiancée because that sounds very posh" I say and we both laugh and faces go back to normal. Sad and upsetting. Cato and I sit. Like stones. Warm stones. I have my arm rapped around his stomach and his arm I on my shoulder. "What time is it?" I ask.

"Around 11:30" he says. I look out into the darkness and he the stars "we will be in the capitol soon" my heart sinks. Cato will be taken away from me again. I can't stand it. I don't want him to go to the Arena. He looks down at me and smiles. I smile back and then his face drops "Clove. If I don't make it out-"

"Don't think like that. I need you out" I tell him.

"Let me finish. If I don't make it out. I want you to have a part of me. Something that I have you" he says.

"Like what? A bracelet or something?" I say

"No. Like a baby. My baby" he says. I sit up

"Cato I-"

"If you really love me then you will" he says

"I do love you. But I have faith that you will make it out" I tell him. I sit up look at him.

"But if I don't. If I don't and you really think so. You will have nothing of me. I want to give you this" he says. I smile and he smiles back. "So what?" He says.

"I would love to Cato" I tell him. His face lights up again. Like on my birthday.