Chapter 2- I Didn't Earn Your Kindness

A few hours later, the morning sun had woken me up. I told Dale, Daryl, and Andrea that I would stay if this Rick guy would let me. Turns out they are at a farmhouse right now and they were heading there to meet up with the group in an hour.

Daryl told me each of the group member's names and described them to me so I knew who they were when we reached them.

Andrea and I rode in the RV with Dale while Daryl drove his motorcycle. It took every ounce of me not to beg to ride with him. I missed my motorcycle so much.

Andrea's eyes glared at me the entire drive, making me move uncomfortable in my seat. "You don't like me very much, do you?" I asked her.

"Nothing personal, I just don't like new people with nothing to go on," Andrea said, playing with her gun. "Why Daryl offered you to join us, I'll never know."

I looked at the blonde girl, want, no wishing I had some type of rude comment to shoot back at her but nothing seemed to come to mine so I just shut myself up.

By the time we had reached the farmhouse I was ready to jump out of the RV and run, but I kept myself calm. But once we stopped and got out and I saw all of the unfamiliar faces in front of me, eyeing me, I was ready to rethink my plan.

"Who's this?" The man in the police outfit asked, Rick.

Dale spoke up, "Daryl picked her up in the woods."

Rick looked at me, clearly lacking some sleep. "What's your name?"

"Starlet, but everyone calls me Star. And before you ask no I don't have anyone sneaking around trying to kill you. I'm alone."

Glenn smiled a little, seeming to enjoy my little comment. Good thing Daryl described these people well. Though some I didn't recognize, telling me these were the people that lived here.

"You've been alone this entire time?" Rick's wife, Lori, asked concerned.

I nodded to her, which was enough for the group because they all quickly changed their facial expression to disbelief.

Luckily Dale was able to switch the eye contact with him when he asked Rick about his son who was shot. It tugged at my heart when Dale told me about Rick's son, Carl, being shot in the woods.

Kids seemed to be the only thing that still broke my heart.

"How is he?" Dale asked?

Lori smiled and nodded, clearly ready to cry, "He'll pull through, thanks to Hershel and his people."

Rick quickly spoke up, "And Shane. We'd have lost Carl if not for him."

Shane shifted uncomfortable, glancing at me before looking at the ground. Something was off about him, but then again I didn't really care in that moment.

I took a step to the side as everyone moved to hug each other. I will admit, I missed this, feeling the warmth of someone's hug. The joy to see someone again, knowing they're all right.

Rick walked up to me, stopping right in front of me. He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off, "I don't want to intrude if you don't have enough room or food. But if you do except me into your group then I will pull my way. I'm a good hunter and tracker, I'm good with a gun, and can clean. I'm not looking for a group, but if you have one to offer then I won't push away."

Rick smiled and nodded, "Sounds like you've been in a group before."

"Not really, I mean I left after two days so to me that doesn't count. And I know the questions you'd ask because their questions I would ask too."