Chapter 53- Try Again?

We ran and ran for what felt like to long. Walking for days? That I can handle. Running from Walkers? That I can handle. But running towards a truck that is nowhere in sight? That, I can't handle.

Just when all hope seemed lost, the vending machine came into sight, the glass broken and waiting for us to go through it.

All of us were breathing heavily as Daryl reached in and pulled out a can of pop. He opened it and took a long needed sip, hoping to get some type of momentum to keep running.

He handed it to Rick who took a swig before handing it to me to do the same. Daryl started loading whatever was in the machine into his bag. He held up another can of pop, "This was a special request from the doctor."

I handed the pop back to Rick who took another swig and shrugged, "Hey, whatever she wants. She saved Carl's life. We didn't know her, and she turned out to be all right. If there's still people out here we should bring 'em in."

Daryl took the pop, finishing it. "What, like this guy?" I asked, eyeing Rick who looked at me pissed, shaking his head, "No, not this guy,"

This is what happens when you don't trust me!

Daryl nodded ahead, "We still got a trail." Rick nodded, "Let's go then." They took off into a run, causing me to let out a huge sigh before doing the same.

We ran for another hour before making a right, stopping when we noticed the truck pulled over to the side. Paul was out, trying to change the tire. I started to walk into the woods, making my way towards Paul, or Jesus, while Rick and Daryl did the same.

Rick grabs my arm, making me look at him. He nods behind him, causing me to slow my pace so I'm right behind Daryl. Rick takes the lead, grabbing Paul by the back of his shirt and wrapping his arms around him.

"Hold still and maybe we won't hurt you," Rick said, causing Paul to stop and nod, "Sure thing." Of course, he doesn't work with us and elbows Rick, kicking him to the ground. Daryl grabs him, only to be flown back into the truck.

Paul turns to run, only coming face to face with me. I punch him hard in the face, causing him to stumble back a bit. I quick raised my leg and kicked him in the stomach next, causing him to fall on his butt.

Rick and Daryl point their guns at him, me doing the same as he looks up at us. "Man, next time you should lead with her," Paul says, nodding to me as he checks his bleeding nose.

"This ends now," Rick says with a growl.

"There's a lot of food on that truck that we need," I said, nodding to the truck as I took a step forward, "So keys, now."

With a sigh, Paul hands me the keys. I snatch them up in my hands while Daryl quickly ties him up, tightening his ropes as best as he could. Rick changes the tire while I keep my eyes on the woods around us.

Sure enough, a Walker stumbles out of the woods. I quickly walk over, slipping out my knife and slamming it into the Walker's head.

"You're gonna leave me here like this? You're really gonna do that?" Paul asks as Daryl stands up, keeping his eyes on me until I walk back.

Rick walks over, "Eh, the knots aren't that tight. You should be able to get free, after we're long gone."

Rick and Daryl head for the truck, me right behind them but Paul's voice stops me, "Maybe we should talk now." I turn and look at him, looking like I'm debating his comment. "Nah," I said, giving him a smirk before climbing into the truck, Daryl following me.