Chapter 17- Knight In A Leather Vest

Daryl's POV

The yard had been cleared out of any living Walkers. Rick, Oscar, and I ran inside, looking for the rest of our group. My heart raced as we headed into our cell block to find no one in sight.

"They have to have gone to the corridors," I said, making Rick nod in agreement.

Once we reached the corridors, my heart sank. Dead Walkers, scattered the floors, a few still alive and trying to get up.

I pointed my crossbow at a Walker, shooting it in the head. Rick looks around as I pull out my arrow. Slowly we make our way to another hallway, stopping when we hear footsteps coming our way.

Rick and I are ready to fire, Oscar ready to hit anything that comes our way. We let out a sigh of relief when we find Glenn and Axel.

We team up, walking carefully down the corridors. We spot two walkers, eating their way into a body. Without another thought, I fire an arrow, Glenn killing the other one with a knife.

My mind races, hoping it's not Starlet. A sigh of relief and sadness leave my lips as I notice the body isn't Starlet, but T-Dog.

"Do you think they ran outside?" Glenn asked, worried about Maggie.

"Maybe, let's go check," Rick said, nodding for us to follow.

I stop, making Rick also stop and look at me, "I have to find Starlet. I'll meet you out there." Rick nods, understanding before leaving.

My eyes keep open as I walk through the corridors. I don't bother checking any of the rooms, already having a hunch where she would be if she needed a safe place to go.

The office.

My feet stop, picking up Starlet's gun from the floor. Blood covers it, moving my thoughts to her death. But I pushed past it, moving forward once again. The office comes into sight, the door partly opened, dissolving any hope that she could be in there alive.

Slowly, I peek my head into the office, noticing two Walkers chomping their way into a body.

I slip my crossbow over my shoulder, taking out Starlet's gun and shooting them both in the head. My body pushed the door open, noticing a file cabinet kept it close, meaning someone was in here.

I step over the Walker's dead bodies. My eyes look at the dead bodies on the floor. My hands grab each Walker, lifting up their heads to see if it's her.

Suddenly, a hand reaches out and grabs my ankle, making me jump back. A hand, under three dead bodies reached out, trying to grasp onto me. Then I saw it, the butterfly tattoo and silver class ring.

"Starlet," I said, pushing the bodies off of her. She groaned as the bodies rolled off of her, revealing her clothes and body drenched in blood.

"Took you long enough," She said with a sigh as she sat up, holding her wrist. Before I could even think, I started checking her body for any bite marks. Her free hand reached out, holding onto mine, "I'm not bit," she said just above a whisper.

A sigh of relief left my lips, letting my arms wrap around her as I held her tightly. I would never say it out loud, but I thought she was gone. When I couldn't find her, I felt like my heart had shattered into a million pieces.

I pulled away, grabbing her face and kissing it. She kissed back with an equally relieved kiss.

She hissed slightly as I leaned in, making me stop and look at her. She held her wrist, "What happened?"

"Oh, you know me, trying to act like a badass," She said, waving her hand at me. "I think it's just a sprain, I'll be fine."

I stood up, grabbing onto Starlet and helping her to her feet. She seemed a bit shaky after everything that happened, making me put an arm under her and walking her out to the court yard.

She was safe, and that's all that mattered to me. As we exited into the sunlight, Rick look over, his face showing that he still hadn't found Lori, Maggie, or Carl.

Rick ran over, making Starlet and I stop. He wrapped Starlet in his arms, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, no bites. Where's Lori and Carl?" Starlet asked, looking around for them.

"I don't-" Rick was cut off by the cry of a baby. Everyone turned to the gated stairs, watching as a crying Maggie was holding a little baby in her arms. She was unable to say a word as Rick moved toward her, dropping his weapon.

I knew, we all knew. Lori was dead.

Starlet gasps, making me wrap an arm around her and lay my chin on her head as a few tears slip out.

Rick tried to go back in, but Maggie stops him, causing him to fall to his knees and cry. Starlet turns away, burying her head in my chest as she cries.

I held in the tears, still saddened by Lori's death.

Things will never be the same again.

So sorry it's so short but I really wanted to do the next chapter in Starlet's POV. Hope you enjoy it :) Is there anything that you want to see more of? Do you have a favorite scene as of right now? Let me know.

Please comment/vote