Chapter 37- Knife Girl

My feet pushed me while my legs were crying to stop. A small growl grew from my stomach, making a groan slip through my lips. I reached for my bag, only to sigh when I came to realization that it wasn't there.

I had been walking for almost two days, searching for supplies to keep me alive and searching for Daryl, or anyone.

I was thankful that I had loaded up my gun before I left so it was filled with bullets. Anytime I came across a Walker I would just do my best to kill it with my knife but if a group showed up then running was my next option.

Every time my hand would yank the knife from a Walker's skull, my eyes would glance at the initials on the knife. I missed Daryl so much, and not knowing if he was even still alive made my heart break even more.

Part of me believed he wasn't, that something happened to him. Usually I wouldn't believe that but when I saw all those Walker's and no sign of Daryl it soon came to mind.

The other part of me was screaming at the less hopeful part to shut up and remember how much of a kickass person he is. He's alive, and he's out there kicking ass and trying to find you.

But that lesser hope was starting to overshadow the hopeful side.

My body leaned on a tree as night started to set in, my chest moving up and down in a tiring motion. I was happy I had found some water and a bag of Cheetos at an abandon car a couple of miles back.

I reached into the Walmart bag and pulled out a bottle of water, only half filled. The water helped quench my thirst, but my stomach still growled for food. I grabbed the unopen bag of Cheetos and stuck a few in my mouth, ready to down the bag but the sound of a man's voice made me stop.

"This man killed our friend," The man's voice said, making me curious. I threw the bag of Cheetos into the Walmart bag and hid it under some leaves before holding my gun close to me.

Slowly and cautiously I moved through the woods, finding a road up ahead. A few men were pointing their guns at some people, peeking my interest even more. I took a few more steps so I was kneeling behind a fallen tree, perfect view of them.

That's when I saw them. Michonne and Rick were the ones kneeling on the ground with guns pointed at them and Carl had a knife at his throat. The sound of groans were heard, making me look over to an abandon car to find three men beating up another guy.

I recognized that man. Maybe it was the long hair or the angle winged vest but whatever it was, it told me that, that was Daryl.

"Listen, it was me. It was just me, not them," Rick said to the leader that pointed a gun at him.

I readied my gun, aiming it at one of the guys beating up Daryl and waited for my opportunity.

The leader spoke up, "See, now that's right. That's not some damn lie. Look, we can settle this. We're reasonable men. First, we're gonna beat Daryl to death. Then we'll have the girl. Then the boy. Then I'm gonna shoot you and then we'll be square."

I took that as my cue and shot the man I was aiming at, hitting him right in the head. This caused everyone to stop and look at where I was. I shot the other two that had been beating up Daryl, causing the rest of the guys to start shooting in my direction.

I ducked behind the fallen tree as bullets flew past me left and right. Occasionally I would poke my head up and shoot at the men, aiming for their heads. I knocked the rest down, Rick taking care of the leader.

When the shooting drew to a stop and the sound of Rick's voice was heard I knew it was safe to come out. "Come out!" Rick's voice yelled from the street.