Chapter 65- Death and Truth

A knock on my front door made my head look up from unpacking the baby's room. My hand sat down the clothing that was piled on top of the dresser and walked out of the room, closing the door behind me out of a force of habit.

As I jogged down the stairs, my heart was racing as the overtaking feeling of something bad was behind the front door.

My body stopped in front of the door, my hand shaking as it touched the door knob before opening it. As soon as I opened the door I knew why I was feeling like something bad was about to happen. Negan stood in front of me with a giant smile, Carl right behind him.

"Well, well, well, long time no see," Negan said, making my heart race and skip a few beats. "Negan," I said, his word coming out with a deep breath.

Negan's wide smile dropped as he looked at me, "Negan? What happened to dad?" I was silent, making him shrug while my eyes looked over to Carl whose eyes told me to do what he says. "Aren't you going to let me in?"

A sigh left my lips again, "Dad, won't you come in?" I asked stepping to the side and letting Negan and Carl in.

"Carl what is going on?" I stopped Carl with my hand making him look at me with sad eyes, "I'm sorry."

"Where's Rick?" Negan asked, breaking the short conversation between Carl and I. Closing the door, I crossed my arms and fully turned to the man I called dad. "Out scavenging for you, that's what you wanted, right?"

Negan nodded, "Cool, I'll wait."

My arms and mouth dropped as I glanced at Carl before looking to Negan who was already sitting on one of the stoles at the island in the kitchen. "He went pretty far, probable won't be back today, or tomorrow for that matter.

Negan nodded, setting down Lucile on the counter before kicking his shoes off, "All right, well, I'm just gonna put my feet up and wait for my stuff to get here then."

My eyes closed as I sucked in a tensed breath. "Carl, why don't you head home, I'm sure Michonne is wondering where you are."

Carl turned to walk away when Negan stopped him, "No, Carl, stick around."

I glared at my dad making him put his hands up and an "Ooo" leave his lips, "Someone's angry." Standing up and looking around, Negan said, "Starlet, why don't you give me a tour of your home. I'm sure it's quiet lonely here so I won't judge on how messy you are."

My teeth gritted together as I gestured to the living room, starting the tour. The living room wasn't anything fancy to him but the kitchen, he made a note of returning to that for dinner. Once we made our way upstairs and he noticed the dart board that sat in my room, he immediately stopped and a huge smile spread on his face.

"Wow, I haven't seen one of these in a long time. I need this baby back at home. Starlet, do you remember we kept one of these in the garage?"

Glancing at Carl, I decided to play Negan's game and push my fear deep down inside in hopes of ending this sooner than later. "Yeah, mom always got made when Derek and I would sneak out there and try to make a bullseye. She was worried we'd hit each other and not the bullseye."

Negan laughed, nodding his head before walking over and grabbing the two darts. "That she was, that she was." He handed me one of the darts, making me look down at it before looking back at him. "Oh come on, let's forget about the past for a bit and talk, like father and daughter."

Sighing, I grabbed the dart before glancing back at Carl who was sitting in a chair, watching us.

Negan readied his dart before throwing it, hitting the red dot in the center. "Ah ha, still got it." He walked over, ready to grab the dart when he suddenly stopped when my dart hit right by his, almost hitting Negan's face. He turned and looked at me, making me smile, "Remember, always wait until all the darts are on the board."