Chapter 13- Don't Let The Walkers Bite

Rick, Daryl, T-Dog, Glenn, Maggie, and I crept along the fenced in area around the prison. Walkers started to walk toward us, making us create a circle and stab any that got to close.

I don't think I've ever been so happy to have my knife by my side.

Since we didn't have a whole lot of ammo, we stuck to knives and other weapons.

Once the first courtyard was taken care of, we slowly made our way to a door, stopping when we saw another fenced in courtyard filled with Walkers. We quickly hid behind a wall just as two walkers appear behind it. They seemed to be dressed in guard uniforms, making it harder for us to kill them.

We kill more and more as Rick and Daryl close up the gate and lock it. Maggie kills one of the guards by stabbing him in the neck. Glenn, T-Dog, and I do the same thing with the other guards, watching them drop to the ground dead.

This courtyard emptied out quick, only having dead bodies scattering it. Glenn turned to let the group in but what stopped by Rick.

Daryl nods to the other yard that's not closed up, "Nothing will lead to that courtyard over there." Then he points to a ladies body, "And that's a civilian."

"So the interior could be over run by walkers from outside the prison," I said, whipping off some blood that was on my face. Of course the inside would be, it's not like we have luck on our side anymore.

Glenn spoke up, looking upset at the sound of that, "Well, if there's walls, then, what are we gonna do? We can't rebuild this whole place."

"We can't risk a blind spot. We have to push in," Rick says as he walked over to a fenced stairs case, following it up to a door leading to the prison. Daryl opens the door revealing a dirty, empty cell block.

Slowly and cautiously we make are way around, looking for any Walkers. We keep our weapons raised, trying not to make too much noise. Rick finds a dead guard and picks up his keys, unlocking a door that leads to a room full of empty cells.

We poke our heads in ever cell, looking for any Walkers only to find a couple of dead people. I follow Daryl while Rick follows me up the stairs to a second floor of cells.

Daryl and Rick kill two Walkers before we find that most of the place is safe, everywhere else is locked up.

I run outside, giving everyone the okay to come in. I grab Daryl and my's bag from Beth before leading everyone inside. Rick walks down the stairs as I walk up them to meet up with Daryl.

"Home sweet home," I say as I climb the stairs, my voice echoing a little.

"For the time being," Rick says, glancing over his shoulder at me. "In the morning, we'll find the cafeteria, and the infirmary. I found some keys for the cells, Daryl and I both have a set, we can sleep in them."

Daryl is hesitant for a minute before looking at me. I can tell he doesn't want to sleep in a cell, but with there being beds in them, he had no choice. I start to walk, looking for my own sell, settling towards the back.

I walked in to see two sets of shelving, a sink, and toilet along with bunkbeds. Feeling Daryl's present behind me I say, "Do you wanna bonk together?"

"Might as well. No one else I could stand bunking with," Daryl says as he scoots in past me. He sets his stuff down on the bottom bunk, making me throw my stuff on the top one.

If these bunks were a little bigger I'd sleep with him, but I think it would be hard to like this. Another chill goes up my back, surprising me a bit.