Chapter 61- I Know How It Works Asshole!

If my legs could scream, could curse, could talk, they would. My choices were limited. Alexandria, the Hilltop, or the woods. I didn't know which one to go too, so I just let my feet walk in hopes of them carrying me somewhere.

When I finally pulled my eyes away from the ground, I saw where my feet had taken me.

Alexandria.

My feet had stopped, just four car lengths away from the fence entrance. Clearly, no one had seen me otherwise the gates would have opened. That or no one's home.

I wanted to claps to the ground out of exhaustion. I had literately been walking for a day without any food or water and even for me that was hard. It also didn't help when my mind would wander off to Daryl, thinking about what Negan could be doing.

A chill went up my spin at the thought, or because I was cold. One of the two.

Not knowing what to do next and not wanting to face anyone, I made a turn, walking the edge of the fence until I came to what I presumed was the back of some houses. Luckily, some of the fences had been turned inside out, leaving a few bars bare to the world.

Using the skinny, small bars, I made my way up and over the fence, gracefully falling to the ground. Sure enough, I had reached the back of some houses, one of them being my own.

If I wasn't so unemotional right now, I would have jumped up and down in victory at the guess. Instead, I walked cautiously towards my house.

The back door was unlocked, which didn't surprise me considering when I had left, it was unlocked. What I was more surprised to find was how out of place everything looked. Clearly someone had been hear, considering my cupboards aren't usually touched and one was half open. A light was on upstairs as well, making me believe that someone might have made themselves too much at home.

My hand still clutched my knife, the necklace now sat around my neck, opened to the world.

Making my way upstairs, I noticed it was my bedroom light that was on. To my surprise, no one was in the bedroom nor showed any signs of being there. The bathroom door was still wide open, a piece of Daryl's clothing still sat on the floor by the shower.

The bedroom held no one, making the tears well up in my eyes again. It was empty, with no one taking care of it or sleeping in its bed.

The house was empty.

Taking a deep breath, I slip my knife in its holder on my side and quickly grabbed my lucky bag. I had never been so grateful to not have taken my bag with me. My mind knew if I stayed still or even gave Daryl's clothes one last look that I would lose it. So I did the only thing I could think of, I started to pack.

My hands moved furiously around, picking up my clothes and shoving them into my bag before zipping it up.

"Star?" A voice said behind me, making me quickly look up to find Rick standing in the doorway of my bedroom. I froze, unable to speak or move at the sight of him. "When'd you get back?"

"Just now," I said, throwing on my black gloves with the fingers cut out. Rick talked so softly that it reminded me of how he spoke before, with caution and sympathy. My voice however, showed no emotion nor did it show that I wanted this conversation to continue.

"I told the men to keep an eye out for you and to come and get me when you came back," Rick said, taking a step into the room as I threw my back over my shoulders. His eyes furred in confusion, "Are you going somewhere?"

My eyes finally met Rick's, seeing the confusion and fear that I may be doing what he thought I was doing. "I'm leaving," I said, surprised I could even say the words. "I can't stay here," I continued, my hands grabbing the straps of my bag, clinging to them tightly.